1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jared, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jared

Anyone else here thinking about getting the iPhone 5. I'll probably trade up from my iPhone 4 and get it. The only downside is that even with an adapter it probably won't work with my car's iPod connection :frowning2:

2. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Though the iPhone 5 has some nice new features and impressive specs, I kinda was expecting more, like the jump from the iPhone 3GS to 4.

3. IrishLad93

Whats the difference? All I know is that its slimmer. I opened the internet on my Mac but the video wouldn't load for it!

4. Jared

It has LTE (fast Internet) and a bigger screen and iOS 6, which is pretty cool, I've been using it since June. I was hoping for more too, but I mainly want the LTE, since AT&T's LTE is supposed to be much better than their 3G, which sucks where I go to school in LA.

5. Ridiculous

I can't believe people are going to be spending money to upgrade (!) from the 4S, or the 4, or even the 3 to this. They have changed shit-all, as usual. But of course Apple doesn't make money on technical advancements, they make money on name-changes. You're not cool if you don't have the latest version, even if it is essentially the same thing with a different label on the back.

6. Gen

Gen

Well I guess if they can afford it, more power to them :/.

I probably would.........if I had a Iphone lol. I usually prefer my andriods to apple, but thats just a simple preference.

7. Ridiculous

Ah crap. That wasn't supposed to be a banana emote in my post.. I typed
    Code:
    (!)
    without realising it converted it to that.

But I assume you don't upgrade every time a new Android device comes out... and they usually do come with significant updates. Why would you if you had an iPhone?

8. SunSparks

9. Stormy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No. I currently have the iPhone 4S and can't upgrade for another year. So I'll be getting the iPhone 5S/6 next year assuming there isn't another phone I would rather have.

10. Aquafin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's longer... I kind of expected more of a drastic change. I have the 4S and I don't think I'm going to upgrade just yet...

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got an iPhone 4 and it suits me perfectly fine. In fact, I deliberately chose it over the 4S. Cheaper, and essentially identical. No upgrading for me, thanks.

12. BornAnew

I'm quite happy with a HTC Chacha & ipod touch combo.

I might get a new ipod touch though, I've got the 2nd generation one & sooo many apps refuse to work on it now which really sucks!!

13. HelmetBoi

I think I'll be sticking to my 4S, there really isn't enough in there to make me feel the urgent need to shift to the 5!

14. Veronica

NO! Never!

15. Phantosmiac

I don't even have a smart phone, so I would get it gladly.

16. Defiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought about getting it, but right now I can't really cover the cost... and i'm pretty content with my 4s, so maybe... but probably not!

17. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I can upgrade next summer I'll probably just be getting the iPhone 4S since it should be pretty cheap by then and I kind of like the smaller screen(I have the HTC Evo 4G with huge 4.5" screen now). The iPhone 5 will probably be expensive and I don't really need the 4" screen or 4G since I hardly ever use it now as it's not widely available the places I go around town. Whatever I get will be my first iPhone. I have a 4th generation iPod touch now though so it won't be too different from that.

18. IrishLad93

Yeah finally watched the video! Its seems cool, looks cool, but im going to wait for the upgrade after the 5 basically after I move. Im a Mac nerd, I hate windows, theyre slow, always overheat and constantly get viruses. I was always bringing my XAIO into get fixed at GeekSquad. I bet you they'll do what they did with the 4 and bring out the 5s with everyone being :tantrum:.

I have white iPhone 4. I love it, wouldnt know where id be without my iTunes and iPhone!
    Yeah, my connection isn't too great. Ive got AT&T as well, probably just the area Im in though.

LA sounds nice right about now.

19. Jared

I'm a Mac nerd too, I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad 2, an iPhone 4 and soon an iPhone 5 and I've had a few iPods. I think I have a problem :help: I'm almost certain that they'll have a 5S, just like they had a 3GS and 4S, I see a pattern. Personally I like Windows well enough, I have on MacBook and use it a fair amount, I just have bad luck with Windows laptops. And LA does sound nice right now, nine more days and I'll be back there (!)

20. Night Rain

It looks cool. I like the iPod touch, too. But I'm never getting them (unless someone gives me one for free). :slight_smile: