1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii U gets release date and price!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HunterN95, Sep 14, 2012.

1. HunterN95

The Wii U has finally been dated and given a price :grin: It ships in America on November 18th (same month as most nintendo systems) and December 8th in Japan. Two models, the basic comes with all the things that are essential for the system and comes in white, and is priced at $300. It also comes with 8GB of memory. The premium is probably the best buy, a black console that comes with everything the standard edition does, plus a charging cradle for the gamepad, stands for the console and the gamepad, 32 gigs of memory and the game Nintendo Land (Think Wii U's version of wii sports.) It will launch with New Super Mario Bros U, as well as some ports. Perhaps the greatest thing about the wii u at this point is the announcement of Bayonetta 2, which is EXCLUSIVE to the console <3

2. I'm so excited for it! I'm gonna get Rayman definitely and a few other games. The deluxe one is the best deal. I'M SO EXCITED! :icon_bigg I also find it interesting how it releases later in Japan.

3. BornAnew

Bayonetta 2 is exclusive...what lol, that's pretty funny.

I'll be getting it the day super smash bros something comes out :grin:

4. HunterN95

Girrl me too!! I am most excited for Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 :grin: The deluxe edition is really much better than the basic for an extra 50 bucks too.

5. Aww yeah!!!! I'm preordering the deluxe edition. They are coming out with great games right at the launch! :icon_bigg

6. BudderMC

This.

I dunno though, the Wii U always seemed/looked funny to me... that said, the Wii also seemed really funny at first, but I love it, sooooooo... I guess that doesn't mean a whole lot.

I'll wait for someone else to buy it and go play theirs first :grin:

7. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Wii U just looks awesome! :icon_bigg I can't wait for it to come out! I'm interested to see what they'll do on the gamepad for games like Assassin's Creed III... and I just wanna mess around with it! But I've got some saving up to do!

8. Oh yeah, I understand you. The wii looked crazy to me, but I tried it and I loved it. That's why I'll get the wiiu immediately.

9. HunterN95

There is only ONE thing I find a little odd about the wii u, and that is the fact that gamepads are not sold seperately. It's not even the fact that two people can't play together using gamepads, but if you break your gamepad you are SOL! All I know is, I am going to make damn sure my gamepad gets treated with the upmost care to avoid any damage :grin:

10. Night Rain

I think it will be later. There's also a huge pool of 3rd-party game parts...

$300? Er, next year maybe... I really want it, but I also want a 3DS XL. On top of that I need a smart phone, and a camera to boost...:***:

11. Hahaha I know right! I break stuff easily so I'll probably be so screwed.

12. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I kinda liked the TVii aspect of the wii u. its like having a tv guide on the controller.

13. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I really wanna try play Pikmin 3 and ZombiU might as well get Wii U~

14. vyvance

Meh. Other than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, there isn't anything I want for the system. Will just wait till it gets more games I want before I buy it.