1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good time to buy iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by squally89, Sep 17, 2012.

1. squally89

Hi Everyone,

So here's my situation:
    - I have one year left with Rogers on my iPhone 3GS
    - My iPhone 3GS is a little wonky (its hard to hear me, it shuts down when I use apps, battery indication is wrong and again my phone just keeps on dying)
    - My phone is becoming a problem, unless it is plugged in 24/7 (thats when it can perform its best...)

At this time my phone bill comes out to roughly $52 a month with 200 anytime minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited evening starting at 6PM and a flex data plan (which is useless bc my phone shuts off when I use my 3GS and it only wont shut off if is charging)

What to do? Should I buy another phone or simply upgrade or perhaps I should switch providers altogether?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm coming from a very different perspective of course, but wouldn't it make more sense to wait a bit to wait for the price to drop? With the release of the iPhone 5, presumably a price cut is on the way for the 4S?

Right now I noticed with my own carrier here in the U.S. (Verizon),that the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 are both being sold at the same price.

3. Jared

Whether or not you want the iPhone 5, I would wait until it come out to buy a new iPhone since some carriers have yet to drop the price of the iPhone 4 and 4S.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Go with the 5. It's only 100 more dollars and it's much better. I love my 4S, but there's no reason that I wouldn't go with a 5. It's faster, has LTE, has a bigger screen, has a better connecter and headphones, and, most importantly of all, the lens cover has been upgraded! Gasp! And the headphone jack is on the bottom! Squeal! But seriously, get a 5, the data plan will cost something like 3000 dollars for two years, so the 100 dollar difference is only 3.3 percent.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Crappy Maps app I hear, though.

And need to pay $29 for the new adapter to use it with old iPhone accessories.

6. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Well yeah, the adapter is 29 dollars, but that's not that much. And it's a pittance compared to how much better the 5 is.
    Any 4S you buy now will have iOS6 preinstalled and not changeable to iOS5.
    But the Maps app is actually really great! I love it so much!

7. Jared

I got a 5 on Friday and it's awesome. No matter which iPhone you get you're stuck with the new maps app. The best parts about the 5 are LTE (I'm getting 35-50 megs a second) and the bigger screen. The new connector is rather annoying if you already have a bunch of stuff for the old one though. And the 5 has an amazingly fast processor and is very responsive, at least compared to my 4.

8. Night Rain

How's the battery life? That's all I'm interested in.

9. Jared

The battery life is really good. I used it most of yesterday, a good 5-6 hours of calls and a few hours of web surfing, and still had 25% left when I went to charge it. It seems way better than the battery life on my 4.

10. Zontar

iPhone 5 if you're not a computer nerd.

Samsung Galaxy S3 if you are.

11. squally89

I decided to get the S3 Galaxy~

12. grizzleybear33

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY squally89...you made my day. I was about to go on a rant so thank you for making me start yelling at my poor computer screen.

13. squally89

LOL hi-five! (Insert High-5 Icon HERE!)
    I got it through my provider for only $50 (32GB model)
    :grin:

14. Night Rain

Yay! :grin: Hope you like it!

15. MagicMadman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well done! Hope you like the iPhone 4S!!!