1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mark, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone know or play this game? As far as I know, you can buy the game in the app store for Mac considering I brought it over a month ago.

Anyways, I played the game at the recommended setting and oh my jesus. This game is probably the closest where I thought I was having an anxiety attack. Ugh, so scary. Haven't opened the game since then, which for less than 15 min of gameplay at $20 is really a dumb idea.

I'm actually going to be at a friend's house tomorrow and I'm playing it with them because Lord knows, I've learned my lesson never to play this in the middle of the night on their recommended settings.

[YOUTUBE]M627-obxNzg[/YOUTUBE]​

2. Minamimoto_Fan

Oh God... teh horror! I played this at my friends place at midnight and couldn't go to sleep afterward... 0_e

That day I learned when somebody tells you something isn't scary, DON'T believe them!

3. jvn95

I've played this! I played it with my girlfriends. We were all screamin like little children half the time.

4. Noir

Lol, the horror!!

I played this game at a sleepover not too long ago, and oddly enough, I wasn't scared once!! I'm usually a really big scaredy cat, but I kept getting distracted by the beautiful imagery and whatnot and wondering why that stuff on the floors was pink and not red. As put by the Zero Punctuation review, "Omg, there's jam coming out of the walls!!!!! :eek:" lol!

The only part that creeped me out was when you first start to see those creatures that if you ever get close enough to actually SEE one, you're pretty much dead. Mostly because my brother was the one playing while we watched and he kept coming out of hiding in what we were all SURE was too soon, possibly getting caught. :dry:

NOTE: to those who don't know, there are NO weapons in this game--you either distract the horrible thing chasing you, hide in a dark hidey hole, or run like hell!!!

All in all, I really enjoyed it! Even if I wasn't really scared, I looooved watching it!! :thumbsup:

5. armsoutfarther

Yep, there's no weapons in this game so all you can do is run. I have it and I've played it a few times (the water part no). I scream like a little girl when I play it lol. Even when there were no monsters I was paranoid.

And the monsters creep me out so much.

6. Waffles

The bros just wanna hug. D':
    I freaking LOVE the game... never once has it scared me with the monsters... however, those JUMPSCARES. OAe I think I lose 5 pounds everytime they happen... if u get what I mean. XD