1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading from YouTube?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirateninja

Loads of people say "You can download stuff off YouTube" but I am in the dark on how to. Anybody want to fill me in?

2. KatoKumi

Hiii Louise.
    I don't know you, but lesbians are cool. :]
    ...Geesh.

ANYWAY.
    You can't download it per se, but if you have an extracting software, you can get the videos. And then do whatever you want with them, lol.

Or at least that's what I do.

3. pirateninja

Louise?

Sorry, anway, what sort of extracting software? Is it something you have to buy?

4. Phantasma

Don't worry about paying for software, I've got a freee site I constantly use.

www.videodownloadx.com

Simply paste the YouTube link and click download :slight_smile: Fair warning though, the files must be downloaded in .FLV format, so you're going to need a converter to put them inti mpeg/avi whatever your preferred format is. I highly recommend Total Video Convert. It comes with a great free trial version that should work well for you.

EDIT: I've just realized they now have a converting feature right on the site.

5. KatoKumi

Sorry, I call lesbians Louise if I don't know their names.
    ...it's a long story.

Anyhoo, it's a WMrecorder, or something like that. And you play the vid you want and it should extract it.

Then there's a process of converting it to an avi or some other type file so it's able to be played on your computer. But doesn't have to be all the time.

6. pirateninja

Aahhhhhh many thanks! :thumbsup:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Code of Conduct item 20 says:

Someone has already suggested bootleg software in this thread (which I have deleted). Downloading videos from YouTube is probably piracy or against their rules too (if they were happy for people to do it they would provide a means themselves).

Since the question has been answered I am closing this before it pushes our Code of Conduct any further.

8. Micah

Youtube removed the download feature specifically to avoid piracy and copyright infringements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.