1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Super Mario Brothers 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by everett, Sep 29, 2012.

1. everett

What a classic! For all of us retro fans, its a another great addition to the series, continuing with Side Scrolling action, and a new twist! While the ol princess has taken off by Bowers Kids, Mario and Luigi can now collect and track how many coins they get throughout their adventure. Collecting coins, unlocks new modes within the game. You will see tons of classic foes and new ones in your travels, with tons of secrets and challenges to take on! For the new ones, this is Mario at its finest, as you will have a great idea of the classic days, from the eighties of how Mario's adventures were!

There are many many pros to this game. The side scrolling, the classic enemies, even tons of references to the original games of Mario! There is also co-op mode in which you and a buddy can both play together at the same time! The music is very well done, and very catchy. Hell I caught myself singing along many times! Best of all, you can buy the game online at the Nintendo eshop on your 3DS without having to even leave your room! Last but not least, the game gets you to pace yourself as there are tons of secrets to find in the levels, so rushing through them is not recommended.

Some of cons do include that the game can be short depending on how much you play it. Additionally, it does take advantage of the 3D technology of the 3DS. However these are the only two glaring faults of the game and they are very minor!

So go ahead and try it out! I guarantee you that you will find enjoyment in this game!

Nine out of Ten Stars.

2. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Personally I don't see how it is different to any other Mario game. That being said I will probably get it :slight_smile:

3. Minamimoto_Fan

I got it yesterday, and beat it this morning... and I didn't even play it obsessively. That being say, I just beat the vanilla, main storyline and haven't messed with the secret worlds or the star world. I gotta say, I'm glad Tanooki Mario back in its full glory, flying and all, and not just slow fall and tail spin like in 3D land.

4. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

The Tanooki brings back Super Mario Bros. 3 memories.
    I don't have a 3DS but this game does look really cool.