1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Black and White 2!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by grunkleKarkat, Oct 7, 2012.

1. It's out!! I got my copy of Black 2 today. It's amazing so far.

2. Crystal's Vaporeon

I'm really not excited about it, I was not fond of B & W but I know I will end up getting 2 anyway.
    I just feel like they have kind of lost some of there charm with the gamplay and the wild Eevee's are something I find more than a little irratating but I just I will just have to find out....
    Is it much like B & W??

3. dairyuu

I've only played the Japanese games so far (couldn't wait), but it is enough of a difference that the new game is fun and refreshing. Just the new places and the story are what sold me on the game, and it's genuinely fun. Might as well get one of them, just to experience it. The new legends and gyms are especially fun.

4. Tim

Tim

For the first time like, ever, IGN gave Pokemon a good review.

However, for future reference, there's a few different pokemon threads on here already. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Colours

I'm in Europe so the game will be released here coming thursday if I'm right.

I'm not overly excited but as it's a pokémon game I cannot resist to buy it. I'll have to wait until next monday to buy it because of money issues though... :frowning2:

6. Ridiculous

There were wild(ish) Eeevees in gen IV!
    I was particularly jarred by the wild, trade-evolved Pokemon in B&W.

7. Yeah, I agree. As much as I love Politoed, I don't want to catch him in the wild.

8. Valarie

Valarie Guest

so far seems good, definitely better than black and white

9. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm planning on getting 2, what are the new major changes and differences?

10. SleepingAnyways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lots of redesigns (characters, gyms, attacks etc.) and new cities. And we start in a different town!! And lots of story changes, definitely have to get the game for yourself!!

11. Kairez

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had my copies of both (yes, both) since release, but I haven't had the time I'd like to invest in playing them recently. I'm messing around in Black 2 so far (I intend to “main” White 2), beat the second gym last night and played through the required movie-making bit.

I was very happy to see non-Unova Pokémon in the wild practically from the start; I don't think I've ever been so pleased at seeing a lowly Psyduck before. I find it interesting that Riolu becomes an early options in these games, and I think I like it since I have a soft spot for Lucario.

I just realized that, with the exception of my starting Oshawott, Wotterfall, my entire party is made of pre-Gen V Pokémon: a Riolu named Connor, a Mareep named Clair and a Growlithe named Akamaru. That was not intentional. However, I am planning on swapping Connor out for a Scraggy when available... for personal reasons.

I'm not usually one for the side-games like the Contests or Musicals of the previous titles, but I think I might actually like the events at Pokéstar Studios. It might be because it so closely resembles actual combat... and I like combat. :wink:

I never thought I'd say this about a Pokémon game, but I loved the story from Black and White, and I'm looking forward to seeing now it unfolds in these sequels.

Oh, and I adore the hair on the male player character, but that's probably just me. :grin:

12. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SUCH A good game~

Best soundtrack in any Pokemon game EVER.

I'm actually intending on catching them all this time around.

13. I'm not really fond of the longer dialogue and required events (movie-making?) in this version. I haven't put much time into it yet (maybe got the 6th badge?). Yes, it was really nice catching pre-gen V pokemon early in the game (magnemite, riolu, magby...), but I just find myself pressing A or B to just quickly get past all the dialogue, which I've found to occur in larger chunk in this version.

I'm just a bitter boy.

14. Level75

I'm 4 badges into Black 2 and just found out Dratini isn't available to catch until after the Elite 4 is defeated. And since I love training the Dratini line, that's a real pain in the tuckus. Anybody wanna trade me a Dratini with a nature that is +Attack?

Preferably low leveled so I get to spend some time with it.

15. Brenny

As far as the pre-gen V pokemon... They are really only available in the new areas pre-Elite Four. There's a couple scattered around but unless you are in the new routes, they are barely in the wild. Other than that, I really liked the new games. It was familiar and comfortable but new enough that I almost felt like I was in a new place.

16. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I beat the game and captured all the legendaries, now i'm just trying to make it into the Champions tournament. I think I need to beat the world tournament 7 more times >n< it's just so frustrating.

17. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Any Pokemon game where I can get an Eevee is a good game. Currently going through the game with 8 Pokemon (Samurott, Lucario, Magnezone, Flareon, Braviary, Zoroark, Drifblim, and Virizion) because I didn't want to box any of them for the new member.

I rather like the new stuff they introduce you to as part of the game (movie making, Join Avenue, etc.). The only thing I don't like is the part of the game where you don't do anything other than run into trainers and wild Pokemon.

The part after you face the Flying Gym is what I'm talking about. You go through 3 different cities before getting to a city with a badge and there's nothing interesting in those cities to break up the monotony either.

18. Lark

Lark Guest

rbfhrfgrfrfrbrgfr i want the new game so much.

You all have my most green-eyed jealousy. I can't wait to get it! Hopefully I'll be asked to babysit soon so I'm not flat broke.

19. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
    I bought them, but haven't gotten around to playing them. Haven't even beat Black and White yet...
    But I'm so old school I rarely have Team Pokemon that are from anything newer than Gen II.
    :grin:

20. SparkDT

I still haven't picked this game up! :frowning2:

Definitely have to play it ASAP.