1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm wanting a new laptop

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sunnii, Oct 8, 2012.

1. sunnii

I know very little about laptops. I use it mostly for browsing and downloading music. My current laptop is 5 years old and practically done in so I thought I have the money for a new one so why not?

Anyway I also want to play games on it like football manager etc and im thinking of downloading stuff to do with me wanting to start learning spanish (like these online courses) so basically its more of a home use noting too fancy but still a mojor step up from my original (toshiba equium a200).

I was thinking about this one here. Toshibas seem to be a good price for what they offer. Like theyre cheaper than other makes that offer either less or the same stuff.
    http://http://www.ebuyer.com/392900-toshiba-satellite-pro-c850-172-laptop-pskc9e-02300jen

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd look at the stuff Acer has. Toshiba is great, as well as HP.

3. Dr Acula

Got to say, as far as laptops go I'd take a Mac over anything Windows based. All the Windows laptops I've had have died within a couple of years and become incredibly slow (despite regular maintenance/defragging/clean booting etc.). My Mac is 4 years old and is still as good as when I bought it.

Regarding learning Spanish - I'm doing that. Better if you can to go to a class - speaking with other people is good as you feel less self-conscious.

4. TearDropFairy91

Hm.. Well I have a HP their really good I've had mine for almost a year, I had a Toshiba, their good to a extent their easy to fix but kind of tear up easily. but it's whatever you want, good luck on finding a laptop :slight_smile: