1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by speedracing22, Oct 10, 2012.

1. speedracing22

Who has tried it, and what do you think?

I tried it, but I really hate the new interface. I love Windows 7 and Mac OS, but Windows 8 I was kind of disappointed.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The main problem with windows 8 is that it is mainly a tablet interface. It really sucks when you run it on a computer..

3. Jared

I really don't like it at all. It seems like it would be great on a tablet, but on my laptop I can't stand it, it's like they forgot to make it work easily with a mouse and keyboard. I have OS X, Windows 7 & 8, and Ubuntu all on my laptop, and I never use Windows 8 since I get so frustrated using it, I prefer the others so much more. I really think Microsoft is going in the wrong direction with Windows 8, I love 7 and think it is a great OS, but 8 is the most annoying thing I've ever used, I's much rather use Vista.

4. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't mind it at all.

5. Ridiculous

You can go back to the 7-and-earlier interface if you try hard enough. Unfortunately it isn't a simple checkbox.

However the new interface is pretty much the only significant thing different from Windows 7... so if you want the old interface back, just use Windows 7.

6. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    in my opinion, it is the Windows Vista of it's generation.

7. itsjoanna

I'm not really a fan.
    As others said, it would be great on tablet.

8. Praetor

I've really quite liked Windows 7 and thought they did a good job improving upon the flaws of Vista.

What I don't understand is that instead of putting money into things like OS resource reduction or other useful features, they spent a ton just trying to change the interface.

To me it's just an obvious attempt to invade the tablet market. There was nothing majorly wrong with the Windows 7 interface, so if it's not broken why fix it?

9. dresdenDoll

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looks pretty sweet. However I have to agree with everyone - looks like they're catering more towards the tablet market. I gave up on my iPad and my friends Nexus - I'll never get the hang of them. So I'm more a kid for PCs and laptops...I think I'll stick to my trusty old Vista P:

10. PowerGuyG4

PowerGuyG4 Guest

I love Windows 8. I don't care much for the Metro UI but I am fond of the improved performance (Especially on Netbooks), ribbon UI in Windows Explorer, added functionality and the vastly improved boot speed. I also like the idea of having Metro Apps though and the multi-touch gestures which adds on to Windows' original native touchscreen support.

But I do not want Windows to turn into what Mac OS X is - looks over functionality. And I do have to agree that I also do not particularly like how it's specifically designed to take advantage of tablet computers, but it's perfect for HP's Touchsmart PC.

11. channel48

I don't like Windows 8 on a computer. I haven't tried it on a tablet yet.