1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese RPGs - what are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex89, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Alex89

As a 360 owner, I've noticed that suddenly there are a lot of Japanese RPGs out now or coming soon. Square's support has helped, and now that they're branching out a bit from Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest some awesome RPGs are on the horizon. Also Mistwalker (behind Blue Dragon) have lost Odyssey, which is looking amazing (my sig and avatar pics are from it).

I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but would really like Final Fantasy XIII when it comes out, hopefully I'll be able to get it on 360 if it goes multiplatform.

What Japanese RPGs are you looking forward to (on any platform)?

Mine are:
    ~Lost Odyssey - Mistwalker (360)
    ~Infinite Undiscovery - Square Enix (360)
    ~The Last Remnant - Square Enix (360, PS3)
    ~Eternal Sonata - I forget the developers, but it's out now and looks incredible (360)
    ~Final Fantasy XIII - Square Enix (PS3, possibly 360)
    ~Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Square Enix (PSP)
    ~Legend of Heroes IV, V, VI - Falcom (PSP)

And I wish a new Golden Sun would come out. I found the first and second on GBA the best 2D RPGs I've ever played.

2. CrimsonThunder

Theres speculation that a new GS game is coming out but from what I've seen its just fakes from fans.

3. Alex89

Awww...I really loved Golden Sun. I have it on my PSP using a GBA emulator, and have recently been playing it more than my PSP games. XD

I really hope Lost Odyssey is good. Trailers look absolutely brilliant, with a great art style and some epic-looking battles and vehicles.