1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any gamers out there that play horror survival games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rainbowbear, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

So, anyone play any horror survival games? What ones do you play? What are your favorites? What are games that you would recommend to people? Come one, come all and talk about horror survival games. I can't wait to talk about them. :grin:

I play horror survival games (obviously since I made this thread) and I play Amnesia: The Dark Descant, Penumbra: Overture, Penumbra: Black Plague, and Slender at the moment, although there are definitely other games I want to try. Out of those games, I would recommend Amnesia and the Penumbra games.

^_^

2. itsjoanna

I do! I play Amnesia. So fun haha.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I've only played the one's that you mentioned lol.

Have you ever heard of Pewdepie on youtube? He plays a lot of horror survival games and it's really fun getting to watch him play them, he's really funny and entertaining!

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love horror games. It's kind of hard to find now-a-days but the fatal frame (the first one) was scary as hell!

5. Muraba

Muraba Guest

I was going to say Amnesia and Slender. Those two games are addictive, especially Slenderman.

6. IllusiveRannoch

would the Dead Space series count?

7. Emberblaze

LMFAO! My sister wasted 10 bucks on Juon: The Grudge for the wii. Lols it was fun watchin her play it, but my God, it's just a terrible game! If anybody has ever played it, you know why!

Lols but it really DOES get the adrenaline pumpin, but I never played it myself, just watched.

And anotehr game my sis played that I watched was a game on the Wii called Calling, and then the Fatal Frame series

8. FunyunsNCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm with IllusiveRannoch. Does it count? cause that's what I mostly play. Slender looks like its chock full of Nope. Other than that, I would play Amnesia.

9. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Hehe, I agree, it is quite fun. :grin:

Lol.

Why yes, I have and I'm subscribed to him! :grin: It definitely is fun to watch him play, especially with one of his more recent videos...

<3 Horror games are so wonderful. I've heard quite a bit about Fatal Frame and it sounds good, but I'm unsure what console/pc/whatever it can be played on. What's Fatal Frame for?

Actually, I've never heard of it, so I'll go with yes. What's Dead Space about/what do you do in it?

O_O Why exactly was it so terrible? *has not played so would not know*

Either way, watching people play games can be fun.

Like I told IllusiveRannoch, I've honestly never heard of it before so I'll go with yes. :slight_smile: >:3 Slender is chock full of nope, but it's insanely fun! You should play both Amnesia and Slender, you would have fun while getting some nice scares. :slight_smile:

10. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I miss playing Resident Evil 4.

Does anyone have 6, is it hard or scary?

11. Faeyth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh god Amnesia. Couldn't sleep for days. Ughhhh.. Finished the game but still have every scene perfectly fixed in my mind. Especially that part when you opened the door.. and that.. thing.. came out... I'm sure those who have played Amnesia knows which part I'm talking about. Really hard to forget...

12. vyvance

I keep trying to play Amnesia, but the longest I can make it is about 5 minutes before I get scared and turn it off.

13. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've played Slender once... NEVER AGAIN.
    I want to try Amnesia, I heard it's really good.

14. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

I don't like horror survival games, except two Japanese-only games for the Nintendo DS: Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me (sequel of the former). They have pretty good graphics for the console and feature 3D sound, which is incredible if you're using headphones. And the games' plot is awesome as well (it involves a cursed videogame that you must beat within one week or otherwise you die). You should give it a try!

15. I have enjoyed Silent hill and a good collection of Flash horror games
    I really want to get Amnesia and Slender though.

#15 TheLovelyAudrey, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  16. channel48

I don't know if this counts as horror but I've played Dead Island and the zombies enjoy popping up behind you and eating your face. I also played slender for like 5 minutes then he got me.

17. cutieboy201

i just played Slender....
    im hearing footsteps.....
    i see a black figure...
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    lol jk jk but Slender is horrifing im gonna have nightmares for weeks

18. Torii

YAY!!!!! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)
    I love all of those games (however I've only ever played Amnesia :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )
    and I love Pewdiepie :icon_bigg
    (um anyone here know how to download custom games for Amnesia? I tried and I failed :tears: also where can I get the other games? cause I REALLY wanna play them :help: )

19. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I got Resident Evil 6 at the midnight release, and I absolutely love the game! In my opinion many steps ahead of RE5, which I still think is a decent game. I love all the branching campaigns, the bonus goodies, and mercenaries mode. The game isn't too hard, except for a couple of boss battles. Some parts of Leon's campaign genuinely made me jump, and that was a welcome addition.

Resident Evil is my favorite video game series of all, and obviously my favorite survival-horror series as well. I own all of the main entries in the game series including some of the spinoffs. I'll always have a place in my heart for the Resident Evil games, loved them since childhood! (*hug*)

20. Suffocation

Play Bioshock 1 and 2. PLEASE.