1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mushroom Kingdom and its unusual characteristics of this realm

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bubblyhappy, Oct 13, 2012.

1. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I've grown up with an NES as a kid and have beaten the original SMB.
    I have played all three nes classics, super mario world, and the rest that followed.
    The last Mario game I played was Super Mario Galaxy.

I've noticed that in the earlier games, things like Mushroom blocks, music boxes, float in the sky in mid air. What makes them float. In SMB 3, there is Sky Land, my favorite,
    was this an inspiration for Miyamoto for future Mario game like Galaxy.

Also is the world in Super Mario 2 part of the mushroom kingdom?
    What about the land where Yoshi came from, is that part of the Mushroom Kingdom or even the space in Galaxy?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I remember correctly, there was a separate game about Yoshi, called Yoshi's Island.. Or something like that. The basic gameplay of that was similar to Mario Bros. as it was a platform game, and the storyline was basically you trying to keep the babies of Mario, Luigi, and whoever else safe from some evil bad guy.. I'm tired. I'm actually being lazy enough that I'm not gonna google it, right now XP But as for Yoshi, I do recall him coming from a separate island.

3. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard that super mario bros 2 isn't the official sequel to the original smb. The official sequel, super mario bros the lost levels (Something like that), was concidered too difficult for the west, so they took a game named Doki Doki Panic, changed the sprites of the characters to the ones of mario, peach, toad and luigi, and changed the name. So, I don't think it is from the same universe as mushroom kingdom.

@cBuilding: You are correct, the game's name is yoshi's island, it is my favorite game <3 . It is a prequel to all mario games. The storyline: The stork carries baby Mario and baby Luigi to their parents when suddenly a flying shyguy thing captures Luigi and mario is dropped in yoshi's island. There, Yoshi decides to help Mario to rescue Luigi.
    Here's the story Yoshi's Island Opening - YouTube

4. Level75

I would just come to accept that a world like Mushroom Kingdom operates on an entirely different set of physics than the real world. Or even accept that there is just not logic behind it because Mario isn't one of those series that is overly concerned with internal consistency or continuity. It's all about the gameplay.

Yoshi's island is part of the same world as Mushroom Kingdom. And so is Donkey Kong's island apparently, even though the aesthetics are radically different.