1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my Google Nexus 7 ;___;

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Luke Matt, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

Honestly, haven't put it down since I bought it yesterday.

Also, if you're wondering what tablet to buy; buy this one. It's LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of the iPad (I'm biased though & refuse to associate myself with any Apple product) :slight_smile:

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've played with one of those a bit & did the basic setup (not mine, it was at work)
    Nice little unit :slight_smile:

I'd take one of them over an iPad ... but they probably have google-spyware built in LOL 1st thing I'd need to do is hack that crap out of it(if it exists)

3. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I have a droid tablet too 7" Aluratek running Ice cream sandwich 4.0
    Its ok. I do want a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

how is the nexus? could you get into the app store google play? mine can't I buy from Amazon app store.

4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The one I tested out at work had the option to go into the google app store / google play ... but it would require a google account(they don't have one)

---
    I personally would never pay for apps/soundfiles/etc (this doesn't matter if its a tablet or phone or computer...)

5. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Should I get one or wait for the Ipad mini? I do have an Ipad but it's too big for me to carry around, and a 7" tablet would be great for college. I do like android too, as I have a samsung galaxy s2. What do you guys think?

6. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I may get the ipad mini rumored. I want it since I draw and sketch mostly on a tablet.
    I don't like the huge ipad. 7" is just a perfect size. Tim Cook has some wild ideas up his sleeves. plus I'm not an Apple or Android fanboy. As long as its bug free and cool. I'll buy it. I just think the Apple maps right now sucks. I'm used to google maps.

7. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the response! I think I'm gonna wait and see if the Ipad mini is good enough, and if it has a reasonable price. Rumor has it that it doesn't have retina display :/

8. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Don't worry, Luke Matt, we're supportive if you want to love your technology. We won't judge.

But to be serious, my mom bought a Google Nexus 7 and it's SOOO SLOW. I've found androids to be slow no matter what.

9. Luke Matt

No way! Are you running the latest OS, 4.1.1 JellyBean? It's integrated with Google's Project Butter; it's lightning fast! D:

It was only released a few weeks ago.

#9 Luke Matt, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I have a 1st generation iPad that I would like to replace at some point, but I've been thinking of going with an Android rather than Apple. Good to hear the Google Nexus 7 has positive reviews.

Of course it's the opposite of what I'm doing with my phones: I've had an Android phone the past 3 years, but am switching to iPhone 5 this time. My Android phone (Motorola Droid X) is indeed very slow.