1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Life...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lewis, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lewis

Has/did anyone ever have an account on Second Life? I used to be hardcore addicted when I was 14-16, but rarely go on it now. I was in a bad place with my sexuality and was out of school due to the depression of it, so I had too much time on my hands. I'd stay up all night, have my own store (it's pretty good for content creation and making money) and practically my only friends at the time were on there. It helped me grow, gain confidence and accept myself for who I am - so I owe a lot of my life...to a game.

Since I started college, I have some of the best friends I've ever had in my life and have a social life, I rarely have time to log-in. I often just check who still goes on there and if I have any messages, but that's it really.

As sad as it sounds, I have memories and friends that will stay with me forever from Second Life and it gave me the will to live my actual life to the full. If anyone does go on there, it would be kinda cool (but dorky at the same time) to start a community on there for anybody that is going through trouble with their sexuality, as it is somewhat a place that can allow people to escape. It's anonymous (to an extent) and teens and adults would be willing to openly discuss their sexuality. Support groups could be held and one-to-one sessions. This is just a random idea I got...idk, I'm odd. :rolle:

#1 Lewis, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I did have a Second Life account when I was younger(17-19). And actually a guy on there is who helped me realize that I'm gay and become comfortable and accept it. Without him or that game(sounds stupid, lol) I don't know if I would be where I'm at today. I had some great times on that game and like you I definitely won't forget some of the people/stuff. I haven't been active for a few years, it just doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

3. Lewis

Yeah, I feel the same. I log-in for a few minutes then log straight back out.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Yup I've still got an account on there, I mainly played it back in 2009, but I've recently started to play it again, though not as much as i used to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Mitchell

I'm 20 now... I started off when I was like 13 when it first launched, maybe 12... I know I was WAY too young for it, and lied about my age... my mother paid for my subscription, back then it required a subscription just to get on....

I stopped and got back on when I was like 17...

The account I have now I've had for about a year.

It is a pretty neat place to meet people.

6. Lewis

Well if anyone still logs in, your should PM me your names :slight_smile: