1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitman Series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Nov 1, 2012.

1. I played Hitman Blood Money and Loved it!
    I hope to Play Absolution at some point
    Anyone else familiar with these video games?

2. None

On the dark side of the moon, running to the east.
    Yes .. amazing series .. I used to love it .. although I am still not sure about absolution .. the sound department in that one is completely blown .. the series long time composer didn't make the soundtrack -Jesper Kyd- and no one of the original voice actors repraised their roles (David Bateson for Agent 47 and even the voice actor of his handler Diana) all were series staples from the beginning .. so I felt quite disheartened that they did ...

And then I saw the demo gameplay for it .. there were scenes that I saw and was like .. this isn't 47 .. thats Sam Fisher's Convection and Ezio Auditore's unholy baby after a hair cut went bad ...

So even though I am a bit skeptical about Absolution .. I would probably pick it up eventually .. and enjoy it to an extent .. I mean .. regardless its the first one in 6 years .. my favorite part was Hitman 2 Silent Assassin .. it was just the best on every level .. second is Blood Money .. and third is the original Codename 47 .. and finally Contracts .. its not like Contracts was bad .. its just that it was nothing more then Hitman 2 again step by step .. only worst since more then 1/2 the levels was simply a remake of the original .. I believe they did it since the original only came out for the PC .. so a lot of people missed out on it .. Contracts ranks more like a remake rather then a new entry .. and to make a remake of the first as a third entry with all the action of the second entry was a bit too much .. thats why its last .. but it was still fun ...

3. Ridiculous

:astonished: I just started Blood Money again yesterday! That version of Ave Maria in it fits the game far too well. Going straight in on the Professional difficulty setting and trying to get Silent Assassin on every hit, and seeing how much I can remember.
    Only got Silent Assassin once though because I keep getting one mysterious witness.

Haven't seen much about Absolution, but I will get it eventually.

4. introvert

introvert Guest

Was a long time fan of the series, i've played Contracts/Blood Money over so many times that I have every detail memorized. Absolution was a huge let down though, turned the entire series upside down and sold it out to the mainstream. Now it's a lame 007 style point a to point b game with no open levels like in previous games. Not to mention they force you to endure this obnoxious corny story that the gameplay is molded after.

5. Ridiculous

Urgh, maybe I won't get it then.

I managed to get Silent Assassin on every level on Pro difficulty in Blood Money again, though. I still have to do an all-accident run though... that has eluded me on a few levels.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blood Money was a merciless game, but absolutely phenomenal, and I loved it. If Absolution is more like SC: Conviction, it'll probably be terrible.

I'm getting it for Christmas either way, but it really makes me sad. Blood Money seems like the last of its kind now-- truly open-ended solutions, extensive weapon customization that actually matters, actions taken on one level affect those in the next, and the need to actually use your real brain to get things done. Now all games are watered-down CoD-fests with no consequences and little real thought needed.

But I don't despair; real games will come back someday soon, hopefully starting with ArmA 3.