1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i get a xbox or a playstation?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ameliawesome, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ameliawesome

i love video games. but i'm mostly an older video game consoles kind of person (i do have a wii, but i don't use it as often as other systems and i certainly don't use all of the fancy features). my college roommate had, like, all of the new systems (i swear she had multiple playstations and xboxes all over the place) and i used to love to watch her play. i understand that many of the games that i want are made for both xbox and ps, but i really can't fully understand which would be best. the games i really would like to play are: silent hill, resident evil (definitely 6, though i would like all of them because i have only 2 and 4), bioshock, and katamari (hahaha yeah). which system would allow me to play most or all of those? what do i actually need to know when buying one of these systems? they just seem so complicated. i'm spoiled by the straight-forwardness of snes and n64. and i've already done a lot of online research and asked opinions from friends and i still feel like i know nothing about either system. please help me solve this silly problem, haha.

2. CTJ

CTJ

They are basically the same, PS3's are typically better because they have free online play and blueray built in.

I only have an xbox mainly because i cannot stand the PS3 controller, it just doesnt feel right. The Xbox controller feels like it was built for my hands. Plus Xbox has better exclusive games.

3. If you already have a blu-ray player and are willing to spend $60 a year for online, you should get the xbox. Otherwise, go for the PS3.
    Simple as that.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

5. aeva

I was debating this same thing a few months ago, and now I sit playing on my xbox next to my friend while he plays his ps3. In terms of games, I think they're pretty even at this point, and I prefer the xbox controller. But the others are right, if the $60 a year is a problem (or you don't really care about the online aspect like me), then go for the ps3.

6. ameliawesome

Thanks you guys! I'd been curious about the online stuff because I have several friends who use xbox live and only a few with ps3, but if xbox live isn't free then there's no point in worrying about that.

7. jaysuss

Xbox because it is much more popular or is where I live!

8. ameliawesome

Haha oh, well the link above now makes xbox look way better. And I first read 60/month, but per year I could afford that probably.

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From everything I have read, Xbox is more popular among high school and middle school aged people, with more adults purchasing the PS3.
    It has better graphics, double as a blu-ray player, and has more console exclusives.

10. All Star

All Star Guest

Xbox 360 online is 60/year or 24.99/3 months or 9.99/1 month. PS3 online is free. But a lot of people say 360 graphics are better. (I don't know if this is true, but I've seen where Xbox has 1080i/p graphics, while PS3 only has 720p(I know the Xbox part is true, because that is what I have))

11. vyvance

I have both, and there really isn't much difference. Unless there are console exclusives for one of the consoles you want, or you just want a blu-ray player too, either is fine.

12. Alan Lewrie

13. FollowtheFreeman

What it comes down to is the games. I have both consoles so I can share my experience.

The Xbox 360 started off well with Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc... but some of those games are compatible with the PS3 now. Not to mention that the PS3 has more (and in my opinion; better) exclusive games. But it depends on taste and preferences.

14. Gen

Gen

Also be sure to check out the games. That will be the most important indicator.

For instance, the ps3 has a much better community of RPGS. I dont have an xbox, but I do know there are many good FPS, Action, War, etc.

Go on a website and start making lists of what games you want on each system, choose the one with the most. I can afford an xbox, but am not at a point where I have enough I want to play to justify it yet.

15. ezkill

I used to own a PS3 and I'd play Call of Duty a lot on it... I feel like the XBOX live community is more competitive and harder to compete against (opinion of course)... but PS3 does have a lot of great games.. I remember Warhawk 2 was an exclusive PS3 title. I loved that game.

16. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PS3, no doubt.

17. Tildeunderscore

The 360's reliability is questionable and almost all 360 games end up being ported to pc. ps3 for sure

18. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

PS3 I have one & so does both my brothers