1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lewis, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Lewis

Okay, this is pretty embarrassing for me because I am an IT student, but I'm desperate. I've tried everything!

I can fully connect to my network, with internet access, but most webpages won't load whatsoever. The only sites that seem to work right now are Google and EC. I'm guessing this has something to do with the size of webpages. When I try to get on facebook, all I get is a white screen and that loading ring just doesn't stop spinning! Games that require and internet connection (such as minecraft) also don't work.

I've flushed the DNS, renewed my IP, reset my router, turned off my firewall, scanned my system for viruses and spyware, used various other commands and every other thing I could possibly think of. :bang:

I'm glad that the only site that works is EC though...when I'm having one of my down days, this is the only place I can get support! :lol:

2. Ridiculous

Try going to:
    http://www.xkcd.com

If that doesn't work, try going to:
    http://107.6.97.98

If the IP address works it means the DNS server your router is using is broken and will need to be changed. Happened to my friend and he could only access sites that his router already knew about and had recorded the IP address for.

3. Lewis

Thanks, but I finally worked out it had nothing to do with neither my router or laptop.

I decided to call up my ISP and it was an upgrade they implemented recently, so they fixed it for me. I wasted full days trying to get it to work! Haha :slight_smile:

4. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So is your internet working again?