1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody know anything about Camcorders? Recomendations?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Robin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Robin

I've been wanting to get an HD camcorder to make youtube videos and movies with, but there's so many mixed reviews on google and amazon that I can't find a good one. Any suggestions or advice? My budget is under $400. Preferably under $300 actually.

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can't really help any on this but I too eventually want to get a HD camcorder. I know what features/price-range I want, but to actually find it I have no idea...

One place I plan to check is "Consumer Reports" magazine as they give real tests/reviews of products

One very annoying thing I've noticed is many so-called "HD" camcorders aren't even true HD - they only have 720p resolution, where true/real HD is 1080p

Many also have an expensive proprietary battery (some non-replaceable) rather than just taking normal batteries.

3. Zontar

Since the advent of digital cameras, dedicated camcorders have fallen a bit by the wayside. Many point-and-shoot cameras in your price range have the ability to take very good quality video. Give any unit a look and you'll see.

Canon is a good brand, I have a Rebel T1i DSLR that takes up to 22 minutes of full HD video at a time and it's the only camcorder I use.