1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii U

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by revi, Nov 10, 2012.

1. revi

revi Guest

I hope there is not a topic about this already. But anyone else excited comes out in a week AND i can get one I am sooo excited I love nintendo and this system looks amazing.

2. MatthewJS

That's on my Christmas List this year!

3. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I already place an order for the black one and the game New Super Mario Bros. U

xD

4. vyvance

I thought about buying it, but decided not to after seeing its terrible game lineup. Maybe when it gets some games I want to play that I can't just play on my ps3/360.

5. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll buy one.. eventually. I collect game consoles.

6. Tim

Tim

I have to say, the Xbox and Playstation next gen plans on not allowing used games (you have to buy a retail code online from them if you use a used game/borrowed game), and no backwards compatibility.

The Wii U allows used games and backwards compatibility, allows you to play on a gamepad without the use of the monitor of a family member wants to watch TV while you play, and has the graphics capability of the 360 and PS3.

I don't see how those choices were a wise move for Sony or Microsoft. I can already see the Wii U burying them.

7. Emberblaze

I'm not excited about being compelled to potentially pay 200? 300? bucks for another console. The only must have game for the wii u i want is gonna be super smash bros 4, but I may just utilize my 3ds for that (i hear it'll be on 3ds as well)

But the whole idea of the wii u is pretty zetta. I LOVE the screened controller so it's basically a handheld and a console, and I think that was a pretty darn good perk to add. I think i'd be more prone to buying it if it had backwards compatibility though >8/

8. Tim

Tim

...It is.

Wii (game discs)
    GameCube (downloads only)
    Nintendo 64
    Super Nintendo
    NES
    Neo Geo
    SEGA Master System

All of those game systems have games on the Wii U, Aside from Wii games, you have to download the others from the store, but the games are currently only planned to be from $5 to $15.

If you were expecting backwards compatibility to gamecube, that's just a little too expectant. xD

9. Cascade

I don't think I'll be getting one, at least not right away. I have a feeling the Wii U is just going to be another crappy gimmick system like the Wii, which I was incredibly let down with. I'm just going to keep my Wii and use it to play Gamecube games because that's all it's good for. And I mainly play Super Smash Bros. Melee so Gamecube controller ports are a must.

10. SparkDT

I'll probably get it when the price drops a little. Too steep right now for limited budget!

11. Emberblaze

Oh so it DOES play wii games??? Well in that case, i'm a little more tempted to buy it, but still you know how it iiiis. Lols, when super smaash bros 4 comes out, THEN i'll think about it

12. revi

revi Guest

? It has the second biggest game line up in history only second to the ps2

also anyone know where id be able to get one even on sunday midnight idc i just really want one

13. vyvance

But nothing I want to play that I cant play elsewhere.

14. revi

revi Guest

Oh thats cool I like generic mario games and other games soo the wii u is perfect for me.

15. Tim

Tim

A lot of major companies are making games for the Wii U now, because Nintendo has finally upgraded it's graphical capabilities to that of the PS3 and XBox 360.

Expect more common names to start popping up for the Wii.

16. Ridiculous

Finally upgraded to the technology standards of 2002 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

17. Tim

Tim

The funny thing is, they really can't get much better than that without prices going to the thousands.

18. Ridiculous

Noo I don't think it wouldn't go up that high - the actual technology doesn't cost that much (as evident by what is used in PCs). Heck, the Wii U only has 1GB of RAM available for the running software, which is going to require a lot of switching and therefore performance problems and/or trouble for the game developers. It would only cost them about $40 to double the total RAM from 2 to 4GB, tripling what is usable by the game.

19. vyvance

It wouldn't even cost that. 8 gb only runs around $40 before you even take into the discount they would get from ordering mass quantity.

20. Tim

Tim

You have to think about mass production and profit margins the way nintendo does. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: