1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router/Modem keeps losing connection to internet every hour

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VireBlaze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. VireBlaze

So, for some weird reason, our router/modem keeps losing connection to the internet every hour, nearly on the dot. All the lights on the router and modem are on, and there wouldn't be anything indicating that it isn't connected to the internet, except all the devices that can connect to the router/modem but not get any internet. T-T

The problem started Sunday - apparently it involved a power outage earlier that morning? Since then, it keeps cutting out every hour. The only way to get it back on is to unplug then replug the system, and it'll last an hour 'til it cuts out, and the cycle continues like that.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do or where to go? I'm not entirely sure what to do to fix it... .w. It's satellite internet, by the by.

2. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend had a similar problem to this. When the router cuts its broadcast, if you will, you go over to the router, unplug it, and then plug it back in. When you are over there, before you unplug it, sniff it. If there is any smell that is not usually there or if it is unusually hot, dont plug it back in. Same goes for if it has a slight "buzz" noise. This means that some component in the router got fryed. Its a common problem, and usually happens when the power is lost, and then a power surge or sudden regain of power happens. If you continue to use it, it may eventually leak or explode, which I am sure you DONT want to have happen. Now, I don't have your router in my hands, so I can't really tell you exactly what is wrong with it, but thats a common thing that happens. Do that next time, and respond in the thread :icon_bigg I hope that helps :slight_smile: (*hug*)