1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet options?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Miz Purple, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So my family and I are moving and are looking for a good Internet provider , here's my question if we get a modem does it need to be connected to a stationary computer , we have 2 laptops and 2 iPads and one smartphone, so we don't have stationary computer so we need wifi, and we do not want dsl because we do not want a phone line we just use our cells we dont wanna have to install and pay for a land line just to get Internet .So what do we do anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

You can just connect a wireless router to the modem via an Ethernet cable and use it that way.

3. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh ok , although I'm not sure about to set up the whole thing I mean yeah I can plug it in but not sure about the rest like getting a name and password for the wifi.

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2012 at 08:14 PM ----------

Can anyone recommend some good Internet providers? And no dsl please

4. revi

revi Guest

If you need help setting up a password and don't want setup fees you can ask me but internet providers idk.

5. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. Im not sure what Comcast uses, but there pretty affordable, and good speeds. I have it myself, and its great for gaming, no probs at all. I can also help with modem and router set up if u need it. Just message me.

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah iv heard about Comcast i think I'll give that a try since its cable should be good and thanks about the help I probably will message you for help with router set up, thank you!

7. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. No problem :slight_smile: