1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Touch Headphone Issue

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by midwestgirl89, Nov 21, 2012.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I'm really bad when it comes to technology. like... really bad. lol.

My iPod touch's (from 2009) headphone port recently stopped working. The left ear-bud will not play music unless I move the base of the headphone around. I've tried 3 different headphones so it is an issue with the iPod itself.

I was told that I could restore the iPod (after backing up all of my songs) but.... most of my songs are on another computer that is 800 miles away. Therefore if I sync the iPod to this computer... I will lose all of my music. I can't restore the iPod without losing a lot.

Restoring the iPod would only work if it is a software issue but I have a feeling it's a hardware issue since the iPod only works when I move the plug around.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to sync an iPod (to back it up) without losing all music from the different computer?

2. Does this sound like a hardware issue?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometime some dust can get into the headphone jack. If you have some compressed air, you can gently pass some of that through there and it should fix the problem. I had the same thing happen with my iphone and this worked, so I hope that it works for you!

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I can't help you with #1, but I'd bet big money on this being exclusively a hardware issue and it having nothing to do with the software at all.

4. yeltsin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

1. Is there a way to sync an iPod (to back it up) without losing all music from the different computer?

I think not. You can't "re-move" the iPod files to computer again. Even in the Mac, I think isn't possible.

2. Does this sound like a hardware issue?

Did you tried to update your software? I mean, It will sound a little crazy but my Macbook Pro was having some problems in the earphone too. I tried like 5 earphones and all was with the same problems.

Recently I updated to Mountain Lion and also I bought the new earphone from Apple (It's sooooooooo cool) and well It worked fine. Lol Yeah, my computer is crazy like the person using it. :lol: