1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Autumn Sale -- What have you picked up?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sherri, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Sherri

I love Steam sales! It's always a great chance to pick up some really good games for at least half off.

So far, I've gotten Dear Esther, Limbo, and SW:KOTR. What about you guys? :grin:

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought SW:KOTOR after hearing so much hoopla about it from people. The price was too good to pass up.
    I also bought The Basement Collection, Zeno Clash (Only .90 for an amazingly weird and fun game!) , and Jet Set Radio which I have been wanting to play for a really long time.

Also, as a reminder to posters in this thread, please don't share your Steam info here. :slight_smile:

3. Nothing although I wish could get something.

Steam FTW

4. Artemicion

As a person who has skipped and resisted every last steam sale, I've finally made some purchases :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Age of Empires III and Civilizations V with the expansion as well.

5. Ridiculous

I don't plan on getting anything.. although if Darksiders 2 goes 75% or more then I might get that.

6. Eric

Picked up Europa Universalis III for 50% off. I've been waiting for that to go on sale forever now (as if $15 is a lot of money to begin with, but I prefer discounts if I know they're coming). Wasn't even aware Steam had a fall sale.

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

They always have sales, I own over 110 games because of that reason alone :eek:

8. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I swore up and down I'd never buy the Walking Dead until it was complete and on sale.....

One would think 50% off after it was complete was divine providence!

9. undeadkiten

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am planning on getting PayDay:The Heist and Portal 2 and maybe Terraria

10. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Having played both Minecraft and Terraria I can honestly say I enjoy Terraria better.

I am not even sue why.....2d seems more limited. But I just do.

11. Sherri

It's like nonexistent-Jesus is TELLING you to buy it!

I ended up buying an XBOX 360 on a whim last night. I went out Black Friday shopping just looking for a sound bar for my roommate at Wal-Mart, and I got to the checkout and saw a woman in front of me buying an XBOX 360 for $150. I commented on what a good deal that was, and the cashier whipped one out from behind her register and asked me if I wanted it since somebody else had waited in line to pick it up and then ended up not having enough money to buy it. I said yes figuring my boyfriend wouldn't appreciate me spending all our extra cash on a gaming console we don't really have games for anymore. When I woke up this morning, he had been playing Skylanders (which came with it) for 5 hours :lol:. How wrong I was to think I was going to be frowned at and told to return it!

But yeah, long story short, no more Steam games! I've spent enough on gaming this week!

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well, Awesomenauts was free for a while so I tried it out, then bought it during the steam sale, so I guess that counts, although it's practically free anyway.

Pretty "awesome" game... Hehehe. It's basically a multi-layer RTS. One of the maps is practically a 3 floor DotA, and the hero genres are much like it too.

Definitely worth a try.

13. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I am so sad I can't just zone out playing video games like that anymore. I work to much and whatnot.... Still, I am somewhat angry I recall paying 500 US dollars for my Xbox and now it's like nothing to pick one up.

14. Fvantom

Im thinking of getting War of the Roses

15. Sherri

Isn't being an adult and having a job awful :lol:? I feel you about the Xbox -- same story with PS3s! I got one at launch 5 years ago now and fought to pay $600 for it. Now, they're easy as hell to get. My roommate picked one up last year for $199 and they're even cheaper this year :lol:. Though at least I can say my PS3 has lasted. 5 years, about 10 different moves, some cross-country, and that baby is still kicking <3. I bet I could sell it for more than what a new one now goes for since they quite quickly stopped making them PS2-backward-compatible, but mine is.

16. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I'd do horrible unspeakable things to get my hands on a backward compatible PS3.

#16 Dodonnas, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  17. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I picked up Star Wars: KOTOR, also picked up The Basement Collection.