1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing xbox on multiple tv's?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kizza111, Nov 25, 2012.

1. kizza111

My xbox is upstairs in my room, but I of course prefer playing it downstairs as there's a bigger tv. Just wondering if anyone knows any kind of wireless broadcasting device (like apple tv) that would mean I could leave the xbox upstairs and whenever I want, play it on the downstairs tv without moving the xbox or having a REALLY long wire going all the way down the stairs.

I actually have 2 xboxes so I may be able to just use one upstairs and one downstairs but one is currently broken so until that's fixed I want something as described above, or even to use that permanently if it's cheaper than fixing my xbox.

Thanks guys!

2. Koan

Koan Guest

Hi,

I haven't tried them myself, but you should be able to get a wireless HDMI transmitter. You can see an example here.

I do however think, that it will be cheaper to repair your other XBOX.

3. SlickyPants

One thing to do before you buy anything expensive is see if your wireless Xbox controller works downstairs without it cutting out intermittently. The last thing you want is to spend all this money to wirelessly stream the audio and video to your other TV and then find out your wireless controller is out of range.

Another thing to think about and maybe research is latency. It isn't such a huge issue with watching TV or movies because you hit play and sit back and watch and therefore a 1 second delay when you hit play won't affect your enjoyment. It will be a huge annoyance if there is any kind of noticable delay when you push buttons on your controller and it doesn't respond right away. I've personally never tried any wireless type solution before so I really don't know if there is a lag but it might be wise to read some reviews and see if anybody trying to use it for video games has had any issues.

And lastly you could just get a second Xbox or if you can, a second set of A/V and power hookups so you don't have to keep climbing behind the TV to hook it up. I almost considered this myself because my brother would frequently take the 360 to his buddy's house and it was always a pain to crawl behind the TV to hook it up all the time. That way you only have to lug the console downstairs.