1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is black ops 2 worth it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by musicgeek13, Nov 27, 2012.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

One of my coworkers said it's really good and I should get it but I don't want to spend that much on a game that I'm not going to end up playing. What is your take on the game? Worth the hype or not?

2. vyvance

Its just Modern Warfare again, for the 5th? time now. So if you liked Modern Warfare and want to pay for it again, its worth it I guess.

3. julia

I don't play, but my sister does, and she absolutely loves it! If you like any Warfare, you'll love it, also I think the graphics have been greatly improved, even though in the first Black Ops they're great.

#3 julia, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. coolbreeze90

coolbreeze90 Guest

Three words...

"Eight. Player. Zombies."

5. Eric

My understanding is that the Black Ops series and the Modern Warfare series are both quite different, mostly because they're developed by different production houses.

That being said, most modern military shooters nowadays look kinda samey. Treyarch tries to innovate in some areas, and they have introduced some new elements to the series, but it's not really enough to get me to buy it. I don't even really like FPS games, though.

6. regime

regime Guest

I dnt mind the game..but personally since i was such a blops 1 fan..i thought it wud be better..idk i got let down..i hated mw3..and thot blops2 wud be a salvation..but its not tooo bad :grin: if u got some extra video game cash id get it.

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I did enjoy playing Black Ops 2, I have Modern Warfare 2 and 3, as well as Black Ops 2. I prefer Modern Warfare over Black Ops, but I like the campaign in Black Ops better. My favourite out of them all is Modern Warfare 2.

8. Naomilly92

Yes! It's much better if you play with a friend, plenty of weapons for every playing style. I prefer to camp or run and shotgun

9. Pyrotactick

It goes a little like this:

Yah like killing zeds? Yes. You look killing people in multi? ...nah..ts'allright.

Really, zeds are the best part of blops 2 :L

10. ptacub

ptacub Guest

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

I sort of having a love-hate relationship with Call of Duty. I absolutely loved Call of Duty 2 and 4. However, I stopped buying the games after Modern Warfare because there is actually very little difference between the games except for slight tweaks, which I do not consider worth the money.

But the best person to make that decision is yourself. You have to play the game first and make an opinion for yourself.

11. Kon

Kon

I'm not too big on Shooters, but I think they did a good job with it. The formula is getting rather tired, though.

12. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only own one "Call of duty" game (mw3), and tbh... i only paid 60 bucks for it b/c of the hype 2 years ago...

and now, 2 yrs later it's sitting on the shelf collecting dust, i didn't even finish the campaign mode lol... and playing online is stupid... there's no "beginner" levels... pretty much just you with a bunch of 12 yr olds who spend wayyyy too much time playing these games and will kill you with a headshot 9 times out of 10.

oh and they're not happy when you actually kill them for a change haha

so, imo... not worth it. The ONLY thing is semi "like" is playing special ops with either a random person online, or with a friend or relative... that's about the only thing i like about this game :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. kizza111

I think it's worth it... I just finished it recently and I have to say, I think they've really improved on it. There's a lot of new features (similar to the newest ghost recon's if you've played that), controlling drones etc, and a separate sort of mini-campaign where you work in a "strike force" and complete objectives while being able to take control of any of your soldiers or drones. There's also a lot more decision making than I seem to remember in previous ones, i.e interactive cut-scenes, not much, but it does make it interesting.

I've only just started playing online today but it does seem good so far, not too different to the other titles but that's to be expected I suppose, just new attachments, perks, and weapons. Fun though!

14. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I think black ops 2 is pretty good, although personally I'm more of a halo 4 kinda guy. Although I think the halo 3 maps were so much better, and I miss king of the hill/territory/griffball matchmaking. Oh well.

The new zombies in black ops 2 is pretty fun too, so I think it's worth it, but that's down to personal opinion.

All the best.

15. EmHw

The only good thing about Black Ops 2 is Zombies other than that I think Modern Warfare 2 is better but that's just my personal opinion :slight_smile:

16. Wheatley

You could try a demo, or play some one else's copy and see how you like it.

If you really want to, you could pirate it for a day or two to see how you like it...

17. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really didn't like Black Ops 1 and since I don't have an xbox anymore I'm not sure about BO2....I'm stuck playing COD on the Wii...graphics aren't the greatest but playing COD with the Wii zapper is kinda cool

18. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I only played the first for zombies....as such....the second doesn't deliver asnmuch . Not enough to warrant the price at least.

19. MDiiGii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you like the type of story that unfolds with your own decisions, a multiplayer that makes you feel you are constantly achieving something, and a zombies mode that is insanely addictive and fun whether you're playing lone wolf or a group of 4, GET BLACK OPS 2!

20. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend has it and says that it's great.