1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minecraft 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hot Pink, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hot Pink

Mojang said back in March 2011 that they will be making a sequel to the online sensation Minecraft once it was complete. With the final patch nearly upon us, it left me thinking: what do you want to see in the sequel?

Personally, I hope they make the switch over to C++ for the sequel and make multiplayer easier to set up. Also, modding should be a highlight. Not just for gameplay, but for graphics. Texture packs should return, but also the ability to install new shaders. I personally think that cel shading would really fit with Minecraft's look, but not everyone would agree with me. The ability to swap out shaders would be neat.

2. caramba2654

Yes. Definitely a new language. Java is good, but not for a game like that.

They also need to add more variety to some parts of the game. I mean, there are only 5 possible tool sets you can create: wooden, stone, iron, gold and diamond. Would be nice to find some other gems and metals, specially if they have their own uses in another part of the game. For example, Jeb was thinking on a way to transform netherrack into nether bricks, but he doesn't want it to be just like making stone into stone bricks. So there he could add a little thing to the game to make that, and also take the train and add a few more stuff around that, and bam. A whole new aspect of the game is born.

I think that's why the FTB modpack is so fun and popular. Because it has a variety of stuff that you can play with, and you don't necessarily need to play with everything.

3. Joshua

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They've made the original Minecraft so adaptable and upgradeable that I have a hard time seeing the necessity of a sequel. The game we know today is already leagues ahead of the one out just about a year ago, and likewise for the year before that. A new programming language would be great, though, so I look forward to that.

5. Capichino

They should update the iPod touch one some time thare going to add multiplayer

6. Pyrotactick

I really hope they don't make minecraft 2...it should be just minecraft and then just add on more stuff...

I also don't think there will be a minecraft 2, mostly because of bias and what not, but Mojang doesn't always keep their promise. They also have, I believe, two games in the works (0x10^c and that little robot game where you can slow time...they played the game drunk and still did really good).