1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Miz Purple, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I been reading and watching reviews about it , it looks pretty nice and I really like the price and that it's not tied to anything with no carriers crap on it, does anyone have it ? And if so how is it?

2. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I've used the lg Optimus, which Is very similar. The nexus 4 is the Android phone, its googles flagship phone. The only downside of this phone is the amount of storage space and the lack of LTE connectivity.

3. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cool , and the lte doesn't bother me I don't really care as I'm a straight talk user and they don't have lte hspa plus is just fine for me and as for space 16gb is fine I'm not a totally app crazy and game crazy person and I have my music on my iPod touch which I prefer .

4. grizzleybear33

Since the software comes directly from Google you will be getting the best that they can put on the phone. I have the samsung galaxy s3 and it's an amazing phone but I have been waiting for Verizon to release jelly bean and my friend who has the nexus 3 has had it for months. Definitely a great phone though. One thing I might say though is that if you don't use the Internet or games or music why are you getting a smart phone. If I didn't do all the stuff that I just listed I would still have my old trusted envy 2. :slight_smile: I

5. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't think you really read what I wrote in no way shape or form did I say I don't use Internet or have games or music , i was simply replying to the previous comment which the person said was no lte and not enough space, I said lte wasn't a huge issue for me because my carrier doesn't support lte anyway so it wasn't a loss the hspa plus is just fine for me , I keep my phone on wifi most of the time and as for the other comment about not enough space I just ment that I'm not a person who has a crazy amount of apps and games that require a lot of space , and iv always just had my music on my iPod touch I have 15 gbs so I just prefer to not bog the phone down with that much music, but trust me I use apps play games and use the Internet on my phone on a daily basis and have 2 apps that I stream music from .

6. grizzleybear33

It was a misinterpretation then. Sorry... :/

7. Joshua

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine's on order...can't wait for it to get here!

8. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah it's gonna be my next phone it's really nice, although its funny how cheap they are on google play and people on eBay are selling brand new ones for 400 and up and it's like um why would people pay that much when it's only 363 shipped for the 16 gb straight from the google store.?

9. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I figured out why people are selling them for so hi google play is sold out on 8 gbs and takes 6-7 to ship 16 gbs.

10. RainbowMan

The *only* thing that I dislike about the Nexus 4 is the lack of storage space. I'm a happy user of a Verizon Galaxy Nexus (the only Nexus branded phone to have 4G LTE! - but that means it's not a "true" dev phone).

The GNex suffers from the same problem of non-expandable storage, but the Verizon version came with 32GB, which is just fine for me - I'm currently using about 10GB or so, so a 16GB would start to feel pretty cramped by now.

I'd love to switch to some different hardware but still run stock Android - once you've used stock Android, without all the carrier and vendor crap, you'll never go back!

11. LNahid2000

LNahid2000 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had this phone for a few weeks now. Best phone I've ever owned!

12. RainbowMan

LNahid - what did you have before? I'm looking for someone to compare it to the Galaxy Nexus and tell me if it's worth ditching Verizon (which has the best coverage around here) for something like ATT or T-Mobile just to get it, or maybe wait for the (probably not forthcoming) Verizon version of it.

13. kem

kem

I was actually just drooling at it today! Elegant and gorgeous display :grin: Then I looked at the suggested retail price in Finland - 580€. >__>

14. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

I was waiting for this phone to come out for sooooo long, only to find that they attached a huge mark-up on it where I live (both in-stores and parallel import shops..) I might as well get the Samsung Galaxy SIII....

Actually, just noticed there's a store selling it at 20% off, but I think it might be locked to a specific carrier.. -_- S3 it is..