1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablets!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mitchell, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Mitchell

I'm posting from my tablet...

Anyone else have one?

2. giantsteen

I have a Dell Inspiron Duo, and I used to have an IBM Thinkpad X41 but then I sold it. I installed Windows 8 Pro on the Dell Inspiron Duo even though it came with Windows 7. It's honestly not the best tablet in the world. I want to get a really good one for college in 2 years.

3. RainbowMan

I have a first-gen iPad and a Nexus 7. Sadly, I don't use either of them that much right now, however I'll probably use the N7 more during baseball season.

I'm a complete baseball junkie and love the tablet MLB app, or did last season - they change it every year! I can even be at the bar and I'll take out the N7 to check on a play or something.

4. Kyllani

I have a Kindle Fire. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I still use it to read. It's also pretty cool for watching movies while my boyfriend sleeps so I don't disturb him.

5. SunSparks

I have a second gen iPad... bare in mind this was before any good android tablets were out so this was my only choice... and I use it tons! Especially as a college student, this is EVERYTHING. I have my textbooks on it, I take all my notes on it, I have my calendar (of course synced with Google Cal), I have my todo list, I use it as a study aid, and general entertainment. I couldn't live without it.

6. starfish

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I really like it. Though I don't use it much. I generally prefer to use my laptop.

7. RainbowMan

How do you take notes on the iPad? I find that I can't type fast enough on a touch screen. Also, I hate not knowing that I've actually typed something - I'm such a geek that the keyboard on the desktop that I'm typing this on now is this, and I'd never go back. Sadly at work I have a stupid HP keyboard, which is a reason that I like to work from home when I can.

Would prefer an IBM Model M, but this one is a close second!

8. giantsteen

See if they have a Microsoft OneNote app for taking notes on an iPad. If not, get a Windows 8 tablet :grin:

9. Given To Fly

I've got an Ipad2. I use it mainly at work, or when I'm staying at a freind's. I can't stand not being online for long!

10. Salazar

I got an iPad 3 for my birthday. I may as well not have a laptop anymore :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. giantsteen

Why would anyone get an iPad!!! A new version comes out EVERY year rendering the predecessor obsolete!!

12. Mitchell

I still want one.

13. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have an ipad 2 , I love it use it for everything , and I'm not one of those people that has to ditch this and get the newest version the only ever add a few little things its not worth always upgraded.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have an iPad and it's awesome.

But I like my Mac more.

15. giantsteen

I just got an iPod touch and an iPad xD so now I have 3 tablets :grin:

16. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have an ipad 3, I use it all the time. Much easier for browsing than loading up the laptop.

17. photoguy93

I just got an iPad (4th gen) and I really love it. I am am Apple junkie - MacBook, iPhone, and now an iPad. To me, it's wonderful because they are all interconnected. Would I hate trying something new? No. But I have a lot of music on iTunes and a lot of emails, calendar events, etc that work together. That's a big tip - if you are going to get a tablet, try and get one that goes with what you use. I can iMessage with my friends on here and most have iPhones. It's amazing!

It is also really nice to be able to just pull this out instead of a laptop, especially when out and about

Oh, and if anyone is part of a family plan for their cell service --- try the share plan if possible. My mom and I have smart phones but she rarely uses hers. You can use your phone as a personal hotspot. It rocks! I needed the iPad with more memory but didn't see the point in 3G if I could just do that!

:slight_smile:

18. Greendalehumans

I like the app "Notability" to take notes. The school I went to last year had everyone use iPads for everything and that was a good app for that. You can use a stylus to write or you can type. It also makes it easy to take pictures and stuck them in the notes too.
    It's a good one :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

I have a kindle fire, but I don't use it much because I got an iphone :slight_smile: I still read on it, but I just got a few physical non- e books, so :slight_smile: I like iPads, though.

19. Greencouch

I have an Ipad 2 and I use both Evernote and IA Writer. Both free through the App Store.