1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone Passcode Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Saviour, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Saviour

Saviour Guest

My friend locked my iPhone, and she forgot what the passcode is. (No I'm not using her to cover it, she honestly did because she was texting her boyfriend off of it since hers died and her dad lost her charger)
    Is there anyway I can unlock it or reset it? :/:help:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you plug your iphone into the computer, you can to a restore on it. You will have to reload all the info back onto it, but at least you can get into your phone again.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I do not believe iTunes will let you back up your iphone without the passcode. The only way to get your phone back is to put it in DFU mode and restore it that way. And yes, you will lose all of your data if you don't have it backed up.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've backed mine up before while it was locked. It may depend on the settings in your phone.

Another note: don't try to unlock your iphone too many times. Then it just deletes everything off of your phone. I did that one time..

5. Saviour

Saviour Guest

I don't have it set up to delete stuff.
    I don't even know what DFU mode is ._.
    It's backed up, my dad forces me to back it up every time I get something new on it.

6. RainbowMan

I didn't know what DFU mode is either, but a quick Google turned this up. Note that I don't have an iPhone (and pity anyone that does...but that's another thread), so I can't be much help beyond a forum->Google link :grin:

7. SunSparks

Lol, same... but I do now a lot of ppl with iphones and they all come to me with their problems so xD

Yea, like they said, just put it in DFU mode and restore from iTunes.... here is the copy-n-paste of the instructions from the above link...
    1. Plug your device into your computer.
    2. Turn off the device.
    3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
    4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
    5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
    6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode
    After itunes finds it, just restore and done (it will tell you to do this)! Don't restore from backup because it will still have the passcode. Backups won't help you here. You will need to use Sync data for this...which should be just fine as long as you made sure to sync your data as well...