1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android media integration?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Koan, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Koan

Koan Guest

Hi,

I am a recent convert from iPhone to Android (Samsung Galaxy SIII).

I must say that I really like the phone, although it is a somewhat different paradigm from iPhone (i.e. from a more smooth but closed ecosystem to a more open ecosystem with more rough edges).

There is one thing I dislike, though. I don't find management of music and podcast to be near as smooth and integrated like the iTunes/iPhone combination (yeah, I know iTunes is very far from being perfect). But maybe I have missed something obvious?

Which tools do you use to manage download and transfer of music and podcasts to your Android?

(please note that I am on a Macbook Pro - and unfortunately not all tools are crossplatform).

2. RainbowMan

I might be old fashioned, but I prefer just plugging the phone in (or downloading from something like Amazon Cloud Player) and dragging files over to it.

Perhaps not as elegant as the iTunes integration, but it gets the job done.

3. starfish

Good thread. I really dislike the Google Music app on my phone. I like being able to download from the cloud, but I would like something better for playback.

4. RainbowMan

For playback, try Poweramp.

I *really* like it, except when it messes up (like losing my entire music library until I "rescan" - I think I've nipped that by turning off the automatic scanning).

5. SunSparks

I use Google Music but I do hate the app. Its garbage. Rather, I just use Apollo since it already comes with my Cyanogenmod ROM and its a great app anyways. So I do a combination of cloud and simply copy-n-paste. My music library (folders) on my computer is really organized so its easy. But, if your isn't you can still use iTunes to drag-n-drop what music you want. But poweramp is also a really great app!