1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward [no spoilers please]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by INTJ, Jan 4, 2013.

1. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been playing this game for about 3 hours now and it is absolutely brilliant! So much better than 999 on the DS. The puzzles are way more challenging and the way they have set up the Ambidex part of the nonary game makes it so you can't trust anyone. It's one of the few games that actually makes me think and question every character. People you thought you could trust backstab you people you thought you couldn't trust surprise you at every turn.

Is there anyone out there on EC whose played this game? It did have a rather limited release outside of Japan and unless you somewhat follow the 3DS/DS scene you would probably not have heard of this game. I didn't even realise there was a sequel until a few days ago.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I liked 999 better. I can't explain why until you finish VLR, though. :slight_smile:
    It's easily my game of the year. I had been been anticipating it for over a year and own the pre-order watch from both games.

My favorite characters from VLR were Luna and K.

3. Eponine

I want this game badly. 999 was amazing and I've been looking forward to this game for so long. I just haven't had the money yet to get a 3ds or vita and this game. I will soon, though (and will be getting it for the 3ds).

4. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm loving it on 3DS. The 3D is actually done pretty darn well and adds a lot of character to the game.

I definitely no longer regret buying my 3DS. This game is worth it :slight_smile:

5. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What's this game about? I'm looking for something new to play on 3DS.

(By the way, I'm an INTJ as well~!)

6. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to meet you. We are a rare bunch :slight_smile:

If your into puzzles and a very compelling story then this game is up your ally. The game is a visual novel - by that you play through a story based game and you basically pick your own destiny depending on what you choose within the game. The game mixes things up with puzzles mainly where you have to escape a room using the various clues and items found in it. Both the puzzling and story are top notch as are all the characters.

This game is a sequel to 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and is pretty much the same type of game. So if your going to play this game, you might want to get that one first.

I got VLR over the eShop and I'm guessing 999 might be there too. They are both excellent games (probably the best games on the DS and 3DS respectively) are definitely worth every cent.