1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any web-designers in the house?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by -Michael-, Jan 27, 2013.

1. -Michael-

I've created a few websites but only very basic tables with dream weaver.

Anyone else interested in it or actually is proficient at it?

2. Just Jess

I am. Probably the easiest way to learn if you're just figuring out how stuff works would be to install xampp and wordpress, and keep using dreamweaver as your editor. You could go here and it'll teach you anything you wanna know at that point. And this 14 step tutorial will show you how to install xampp and wordpress.

Development is 90% installing crap and getting it to work together the right way, and 10% fun stuff, but when you're just starting out it's nice to just be able to jump to the fun stuff, so there ya go!

3. -Michael-

I'm not wanting advice.
    I'm wanting to know if anyone else is into it.

4. Minamimoto_Fan

I'm currently learning how to do it via a class at my school. We've only just delved into basic html, but then again, the semester just started so it's not likely that I'll know much other than novice stuff like <html><body>*Insert text here*<body><html>

5. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm extremely proficient in front-end stuff. 'know HTML, CSS & Javascript like the back of my hand, and I can make my way around PHP for the stuff I want to do. I hand code everything using a program called Coda on my Mac.

I never set out to learn this stuff, but it just happened that I wanted a website and I learned that way when I wanted to make adjustments. I joined a web design forum when I was about fourteen, and then I ended up becoming its Lead Administrator before it was sold to a large company by its owner.

My university runs courses where teenagers can sit in on computer science degree modules, so I did that for two years, but most of what I learned about web design there, I already knew. It was the non-web stuff I learned.

I'm so sick to the teeth of computer-related stuff know that I've been accepted to med. school!

6. Emberblaze

Yeah, there are a few spiders in my attic at this very moment

7. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first I was like "wut?" but then I got what you meant. Very clever!

8. SomeNights

yup, PHP,JS,CSS,HTML,JAVA,MySQL,XML,XHTML,JQUERY,um...i know i'm forgetting a buch of them x.x