1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sent EA incomplete registration code, never heard a response

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Vesper, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Vesper

To all of you who've ever bought PC games (by EA especially):

Have you ever bought a game that had a missing, incomplete, or illegible registration code, and followed the instructions to get a replacement code? I did last month, when my The Sims 3: Seasons EP came with an incomplete registration code, and followed EA's instructions to send my insert (with the code printed on it) to them. To this day, about a month from when I sent it, I hadn't received a response from them of any sort--even to tell me that I did it incorrectly. Now, without a registration code in the disc, it's not only not installable, but it's also likely to be non-returnable due to missing a key element.

Without some sort of ticket number or any other means of proving my claim (I can't find the receipt), how on earth am I to get a replacement code so I won't have wasted money?

And I'm not considering using a code generator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. photoguy93

Oh god, what's wrong with using a code you find online? I had to do that for one I bought because I literally was going to explode. I hadn't been able to play The Sims for a few years. I bought the game and tried the code a zillion times. (I bought it from Best Buy.) Please tell me it's not some horrible, horrible thing.

But I would suggest calling EA. It's been a long time since I've called them, but they always seemed nice. I was always helped. Couldn't they give you a code, or some way to work around it? Especially if you say "hey, I sent this in to you guys!"

3. Vesper

Well, I happen to think that using a 3rd party generated code would be too risky. It'll be my very last resort if no other method works.

Maybe I'm just being too cautious or cynical, but I would think that, knowing about software piracy, they wouldn't give new codes out to just anyone without a way to verify that the claim is valid.

I had never had this happen to me before, so I hope I can be forgiven for being a bit naive about all this.