1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Iphone 5 owners

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been thinking of buying the Iphone 5 for a while and I was wondering if it is worth the money. Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I like it. The only problem is that it's getting a little annoying to carry around in my pocket, and I'm getting tired of it's cheap look.
    So what do you say guys, should I buy the Iphone 5 or should I look for another android phone that suits me best?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I have the iPhone 5...it's my first iPhone, switched to it a few months ago after 2 years with a Motorola Droid X.

It looks nice, haven't had too many problems with it, but it isn't perfect. But what phone is?

Whether you should switch to it depends on what you are looking for and what your expectations are.

3. Oothatsnice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well ive had one 2 months now and im bored of it already. But its up to you

4. lxlJDlxl

My Mother and sister is waiting for the 5s. Because they think that Iphone 5 is just a sample and does not have all the access the 5s has.

Whilst my father has Samsung galaxy s III.

My dad, told me that s III is somewhat better than any Iphone's. Especially when it comes to battery life.

But mehhh, I stick to blackberry.

Blackberry does not look cheap xD

Anyways, if you have to buy an Iphone 5, wait for the 5s.

5. Ridiculous

The things the iPhone has going for it in my opinion are:
    -it 'just works'
    -brand image (let's face it, some people really like being known as a person that owns Apple products, which is fine I suppose)
    -resale value (not too sure on this)

The things that let the iPhone down
    -if what you want to do is outside the scope of what Apple wants you to do, then you just can't do it
    -underpowered compared to competitors
    -far overpriced for what you get
    -screen too small (I laugh when I see the iPhone ad trying to defend why their screen is small because it fits your hand - I have no problem using my 4.7 inch screen)

I do agree that the Samsung Galaxy range look a little cheap and plastic-y.

6. Caleb93

About a month ago my Android broke (the 3rd time for that's happened to me with that model) so I decided to go with the iPhone. I returned it within a week and got the same phone I had before. The iPhone's features are too limited for my liking and while the interface might be more simple, I think Android's is much more useful once you get used to it.

7. Artemicion

I'm glad someone mentioned the Blackberry already...I think I'm falling in love with some of its features that the others don't have...That aside, you should base your decision on what you use your phone mainly for rather than brand images...

8. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I mainly use my phone to text, browse the internet, watch movies and listen to music. I don't care for games as I rarely play any on my phone.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I have an iPhone 5 and I use it for basically everything. Music on the way to work/school, and music in general... and internet browsing while at school and sometimes work. As well as phone calls and texting. I like my iPhone a whole lot, plus all of the cases I can buy it for it but yeah.

I think they're decent. My phone plan works on a cap though, but I get tons of internet usage and texting before it dies out. I had a blackberry prior and I did like that too, but I just prefer the larger screen and touch-screen abilities of the iPhone. I think they're better imo.

10. Ditz

I think Android, Nokia, the new blackberry and iPhone are all up there offering more or less the same thing.

In my case my whole office runs on Apple computers and the iPhone integrates nicely into my existing set up, syncing diaries, emails, documents etc between laptop, desktop, iPad and iPhone. Face Time and iMessage is an excellent way for me to stay in touch with not only my office but family and friends scattered around the World who have iPhones and iPads... That alone makes it worth it for me.

I'm still on my two year old iPhone 4 and it works just as well as it did when I got it two years ago... I can upgrade to a new iPhone 5 but I've decided not to as there really isn't much more on offer except Siri and FaceTime over 3G... I'm rather waiting for the 5S which I hope will have something exciting that would be worth the upgrade.

I did play around with the 5 the other day. It is much lighter, it does have a killer camera in it, the longer screen is, well, just a screen and doesn't add that much more to it. It's a hell of a lot faster then my trusty old iPhone 4 and there's Siri which I don't have but frankly can't see myself using that much. Maps is still rubbish compared to Google Maps which is a free app that does everything I need it to do. The new cable connector is nice but still not enough to get me to do an upgrade.

Overall, iPhones are well built solid phones that have a good resale value and remains functional as an iPod, camera and game console after you upgrade in future.