1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CISPA is back from the dead.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Stridenttube, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sigh* those idiots don't even know what they're signing. I bet that they're paid by music companies and the movie industry to blow it out of proportion. The music industry had a huge boom in sales last year, and they're still bitching about crap like this.

A bill like this will change the internet as we know it forever.

3. Minx

:frowning2: it's like a weed, it keeps coming back.

4. Ridiculous

I think most of the US's legislation problems can be attributed to the fact that the average age of your lawmakers is over 60, and they just don't understand or relate to modern issues. This goes for everything, not just laws relating to technology.

I looked at England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and all of their average ages were between 49 and 51 years. All of these countries are more progressive on 'modern' issues. In my experience just dealing with people in general, mid-50s does seem to be the cut off point for when people are clued into modern issues; those that are about 55 years or younger do usually have a reasonable grasp on these sorts of things while those above usually don't.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn kids and their inter-tube pirates!!!

You can't censor the internet. The entire world will be at your throat.

6. photoguy93

That's a really valid point. However, maybe we need to learn a lesson from these people. I mean, frankly, I'm starting to back off on what I post. Do we really need to be THAT connected? I think that would make them really mad - haha. So maybe that should be our next step!