1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So. l Have A New Skill.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 10, 2013.

1. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone do at home work with SQL?

l've never done much from and l just learned this but could easily go on with it, it's been easy enough.

Kind of not knowing where to start though...should l be more experienced? How experienced does one need to be?

l would rather do something like freelancing with it if possible and not really telecommuting.

Very ignorant about SQL in the real world, though it actually seems to be in demand.

2. MartyK

MartyK Guest

I've done online selling before which is working from home. I was out of work so i gave it ago with savings i had. I seen potential to make good money at it but i found it very boring and just not for me.

3. Rivers

I know that my sister's friend's dad does some SQL stuff, but I don't know exactly what it is.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know anyone that works solely with SQL. I know plenty of people who are developers that use a platform of PHP and MySQL, or Ruby and SQL or something of that nature but SQL is simply a "systems query language" and by itself, isn't terribly useful without something that makes use of the data it stores and retrieves. :slight_smile:

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l mean mysql lol. l get bombarded with all these SQLs.

l learned it with the mysql 5.1 server and workbench, etc. l do feel like l'm lacking something. l only know one other language that nobody really cares about.

6. Ridiculous

Most (all?) brands of SQL are very similar and all deal with accessing and manipulating databases, unless people are taking liberties with the name SQL. The difference between, say, MySQL and Oracle's SQL implementation are pretty minor and basically boil down to slight datatype differences and occasionally syntax intricacies.

(Also it stands for Structured Query Language :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)