1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microsoft excel...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thebrightficus, Feb 16, 2013.

1. GOOD GOD of all the programs in the microsoft suites this is the one that i hate. am i the ONLY one who sucks with it?? does anyone else hate it as much as i do?

especially the designs. good god those stupid designs. all i want is one with a title and axes labels! jesus christ almighty, dont give me stupid designs.

2. 461 467

Don't bash Excel. It is an extremely powerful spreadsheet program. You can do all kinds of otherwise time-consuming calculations very quickly if you know how to use it.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LibreOffice is very little different. Is it possible you just don't like spreadsheet programs?

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    meh. takes getting used to be is relatively user friendly IMO.

if youve ever dealt with opensource spreadsheets l think you'd agree xD

5. yeah tbh i suck at excel but good god all i wanted was a simple graph xD

tbh i was expecting to just be able to input a bit of numbers and choose a design, and bam, got it! oh well. i mean, i figured it out in the end but still.

6. All Star

All Star Guest

WARNING: This is coming from a tech nerd! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, not at all. I love this program. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Ridiculous

All spreadsheet programs are cumbersome, but I think that's just because spreadsheets in general are cumbersome. As far as Excel goes it isn't too bad - I've thought "ugh why can't this be easier" when trying to do something, but couldn't think of an actual change to make to improve it.

I have been using the Google cloud spreadsheet 'program' for the last few years and sometimes I wish I had excel back...

8. 461 467

You'll get the hang of it. There is a bit of a learning curve to just about every great software.

9. ForceAndVerve

You can do charts in word. That may be more straight forward for future use. :slight_smile:

10. yeah that's true, and i can figure out charts on word. but i needed the actual lines and the axes and what not xD.

11. ptacub

ptacub Guest

I also used to hate Excel, until I learnt to use it properly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: While it's not the easiest program to use, it's worth learning because, eventually, you'll have to use it somewhere. Most employers are looking for people who are computer literate with knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and, depending on the nature of the business, Access) or WordPerfect (common in law firms) and it doesn't hurt to know LibreOffice as well.

So my advice would be look up some guides online or invest in a good textbook that teaches Excel.

12. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OMG...I spent many a night in tears trying to make excel work when I was taking stats in grad school. It's a horrible little program, and I feel every bit of your pain!!! (*hug*)...I know I always needed a hug when I was trying not to throw my computer out the window in a fit of rage. I fumbled through it to write my thesis and have never gone back to it! Icky...

13. BudderMC

I'm terrible with Excel. Only recently did I learn that you could copy the format of formulas down a row or column using the little triangle thing in the corner of the box you've selected...

So I'm a total noob at it. But I'm learning more and more, partly because I'm forced to, but partly because I'm realizing that it is actually really powerful.

14. I absolutely adore this software. Of all the Office suite, it's definitely the most powerful and flexible - you can even write pretty complex software using it! It's incredibly intuitive. The designs may not be great but it's really not about that.