1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ShadowDragon, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ShadowDragon

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this probelm I have. . . . When ever I make a toon or avatar in a game I'm always a female! I don't really know why but I just feel happier playing a female. I don't think I've ever made a male avatar in a game unless I'm forced to. ._. But i'm not transgendered or anything. Just curious on peoples thoughts~ P.S. This is like my deep dark secret I've never told anyone before. . . I've always been kinda ashamed of this...

2. BudderMC

[​IMG]

Seriously, I do this ALL THE TIME. And I've done it since I started playing RPGs... so that's like what, at least 8 or so years? It's always perplexed me.

I remember someone saying that guys make girl avatars because they're something "hot" to look at... obviously doesn't apply if I'm gay. And I see the appeal in that - I've made guy avatars before.

I find lately if I get to totally create my own character, he'll be a male that's mostly in my likeness, but not exactly (like a Khajiit in Skyrim :grin:). But if it's a game where there's set characters to pick from, then I usually gravitate towards females (i.e. League of Legends, Vindictus, etc.)

I dunno. It seems the girls always have the cooler outfits and more badass weapons/skills and general personalities. Guys are usually "I'M SO MANLY AND MYSTERIOUS". And if they're gender nonconforming, then they're really feminine... which isn't generally appealing to me (whereas a badass gender nonconforming girl is awesome to play as, for me).

3. ForceAndVerve

I wouldn't read into it much. Some of my mates always go for female avatars in games. Some of them even go for the most cute/girly avatar possible. Not idea why, but I think guys choosing female avatars is too common for it to be something you should be embarrassed about.

4. AaronG

AaronG Guest

I pick female characters quite often and I make them as hot as possible. Whenever I make male characters they are ALWAYS shirtless, no exceptions.
    You've got nothing to be ashamed of.

5. ShadowDragon

If any of you have play Tera Online, the Elin race is my favorite! There a super loli race
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2013 at 05:50 PM ----------

It's nice to know not to be alone. I dont feel quite as wierd now. I think its because I really apprecitate females a lot. There body too. But in real life I most definently prefer males. Idk my wierd logic xD

6. Mai Hasegawa

Come on, everyone knows there are no girls on the Internet. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

7. Ridiculous

If I get to choose I will usually take the male option, although I do pick a female some of the time (maybe 30%? I don't know).

I played a female in Mass Effect and she was great; full renegade, running around with a shotgun fucking things up for everyone, all the time in neon-pink armour with glowing red scars all over her face. Probably my favourite character in any game I've played.

8. Regardless of my gender identity, I will post.

Yes. Ever since I was little and World of Warcraft came out, I chose a girl. I would cry when I had to play a male avatar.

Don't be ashamed, I know a lot of guys that like to play female avatars. It's really just preference.

9. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    female characters tend to be the speedster mages so I'm more commonly picking them for that reason. There are many reasons but its not all that odd.

10. Hot Pink

You can't really use WoW as a base, since all of the male characters are butt ugly in WoW.

11. vyvance

Pick who you want. Personally if the camera is going to make me stare at the characters ass all the time, I want it to be a male ass. :grin:

12. DeanIsHome

I'm surprised so many people picked girl characters I 100% of the time choose a male character since there good to look at, that's why when i was creating my Nord in Skyrim i took a while :slight_smile:

13. Ticklish Fish

I always do male.. unless the female char has like, awesome post-game attributes and stats...

WHEN WILL THEY MAKE MORE SEXY STRIPPERIFIC MALE CHARACTERS

14. DeanIsHome

If you played Assassin's Creed II Ezio was hot! I wanted to try and take off his clothes but the game wouldn't let me :frowning2: but in Fable III I always made my character nude :slight_smile:

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

When there's character customization, I always make my character male because I want him to look like me (helps the immersion). That said, I've known plenty of guys who always play as female avatars, and not always because the like having something nice to look at. I think that if you start being open about it, you'll find that it's more common than you think. :slight_smile:

16. Ticklish Fish

sometimes, it's the stats or class that counts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there are multiple character slots I often will make one of each gender.
    But normally I play as a male unless there are marriage options that are exclusively heterosexual or if there are female-exclusive classes I want to try.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I almost always play a female character in tabletop roleplaying games or in Diablo III, Skyrim, etc. In fact, you can tell when I don't give a shit about the game, because I'm playing a male character.

19. ShadowDragon

The Male Castanic Race is the sexiest race i've ever seen in a MMO <3
    [​IMG]

20. vyvance

I play a castanic in Tera. Was exactly what I had in mind when I made my comment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: