1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amnesia: Dark Descent and Amnesia: Justine.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Has anybody played either one or both of the games? They're so scary!

2. FemCasanova

No, but they seemed interesting. Are they well-written, with an interesting plot?

3. Niko

Yes I've played..haven't finished yet. I can't play more than 20 minutes at a time and 10 minutes of that time is cowering in a corner.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Haven't played Justine, but I do own Dark Descent. My brother bought it for me about a year ago, I still haven't finished it (odd enough his name is Daniel, too. So I always imagine the protagonist as my brother).

I only just got past the water part, if that.. says anything. And I'm usually not a huge baby when it comes to scary games/movies but I seriously cannot go more than 25 minutes on a single playthrough, lol.

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh...I own Dark Descent but I have yet to get past installing it. The rave reviews about how terrifying it is have made me shy away. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Amnesia: Justine is a first person game where you play as a woman named Justine and you wake up in a cell at a castle with amnesia because Justine deliberately erased her own memory. The objective is to get of out the castle. However, you should try saving three people that are locked up because Justine locked them up before she erased her memory. There are three monstrous humans called suitors in the castle. They liked Justine, however she tortured them and blinded two of them and that made them go somewhat insane.

To be honest, I freak out a lot when I see suitors. I just play it for the good scares.

#6 anthonythegamer, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  7. Ridiculous

Likewise; I own Dark Descent but there's no way I'm ever gonna play it. I would start crying on the menu screen.

8. Playing it with friends is better. However, they'll either make the experience more pleasant or more scarier.

9. prism

I actually was able to play through Dark Descent, though I was normally only able to play about 15 minutes at a time. It was worth every bit of psychological scarring.

If you're interested in the game, but too afraid to play it, I highly recommend watching Toby Turner's gameplay. SO funny.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

His Justine playthrough was funnier. "Oh, gurl, gurl pls."

I also managed to play Justine a bit this afternoon. As soon as I opened the third door, a demon came out and killed me. I wasn't thinking right and forgot to close the door behind me. Too bad once you die, you can't restart from that point. You lose all progress.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to beat it.

11. FemCasanova

Oh, no, if it`s one of those games I cannot play it. I hate it when you lose progress and have to start at scratch! I get so pissed, and completely lose patience :dry: Remember the Sonic the Hedgedog game, which my siblings loved. I couldn`t play it, because I hated doing the same damned level 10 times, only to succeed and get to the next one, just to get killed and forced back to that damned first level. Irritating as heckers!
    :icon_redf

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yeaaah, it's one of those games. You have to play it through in one shot and beat it. If you die, start all over again. No saving point, just a new game from the start.

Not to mention it's still as terrifying as Dark Descent, and I'm sure your mind would start getting all wacky and paranoid after a good three-four hours of playing it straight. I don't think I could handle it. I was just on a Skype call with a good friend of mine while playing it and I kept chanting, "Oh my god, get the ---- away from me, no, no, no, nononononono no you --- :***:." He started laughing at my misery, picked up the game and hearing his response was enough. :lol:

I don't think I'll be able to beat it though, unless if I.. keep my computer on for a few days while playing it inbetween school, work, and internet browsing. Except I'm paranoid.

13. Praetor

I played the demo of Amnesia: the Dark Descent... I was really tempted to get it on one of those Steam sales... but I chickened out lol

14. TheDifferent13

I played Amnesia: Dark Descent also, but haven't finished it yet. It's a great game though.

If you really like it, and want to play more games like it, you should try the Penumbra series also. It's from the same creators, but it's a bit older, so the graphics are slightly worse than here, but still not bad at all.

15. prism

Well, there goes my afternoon.
    And to think I was going to study...

16. Alaya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've played dark descent but I wimped out and always played it with a friend over Skype. Usually he was more terrified than me and had to leave his lights on while playing it half the time.

17. Silverbells000

I've played Amnesia Justine and the plot was amazing! The very idea was spine chilling and seeing it all come to life was both scary and amazing. I did play with the lights off but I played with my friend who likes these kinds of games, we did do our share of jumps and such. Such cool games!

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I actually attempted to continue on with Dark Descent last night and needless to say, I slept like shit. I actually had to leave my lamp on in order to get to sleep, and almost screamed when my cat jumped up on my bed. I kept imagining Mr. Face, since I ran into him last night and had to turn around while he killed me.

But, yeah. I only got maybe 3 hours of decent sleep last night. ):

19. Only played the demo it looks very entertaining.