1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii U

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone :smilewave

I'm wondering how many of you own the Wii U, and which games you have for it and if it is worth the money.

[​IMG]

2. revi

revi Guest

It certainly is fun ^_^ i've only played 2 games on it but it seems worth it to me.

3. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've really enjoyed the console, but would recommend waiting on it unless there's something specific you want. As it is right now, there's not too many games going for it. Miiverse is very cool though, and the console itself is fun. It will have some very fun games to look forward to, such as a new Smash Bros., Pikmin, and Monster Hunter.

4. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is Pikmin fun? I've never played it before.
    The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm traveling to the US in a couple of weeks and I was thinking of bringing back a Wii U. That's why I'm curious which games are fun to play.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I learned a very, very long time ago to wait on consoles.

Being the impulse buyer that I am, I bought myself a 3DS a year after the launch date (I waited but couldn't wait any longer) and wasted 300 dollars of my paycheck for something that was being used as a dust collector. Barely any games I wanted, didn't find it fun, was rather bored and never touched it.

What happened? Well, some cool games came out around Christmas time last year and a few months previous, which is when I started getting interested in it. I could've saved myself a whole hundred dollars if I had waited until some decent games came out before buying it.

I have the same mentality towards the Wii U. I hear it's a decent console, but there's no games on it that I want (besides Pikmin, but besides that). I'm waiting for the new Zelda title to come out before I even dare buy it, and knowing Nintendo, they're going to make some Limited Edition type Wii U just for it's launch. Kind of like the 3DS XL that came out not too long ago? Jesus, you just can't catch up. I finally managed to buy a 3DS while the XL rolled out of nowhere. I wanted to slap myself for that, or rather, Nintendo.

I would definitely advise you to wait until there's some games that come out that you really, really want... or at least wait for a good price drop.

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now Wii U has a small library and most people are able to find maybe 2 games that they enjoy out of that. It's essentially a great idea and the controller is getting rave reviews but until the eShop and Games Library grow a bit more I would personally advise against rushing out to buy one unless you really need a port of an older game with unique controls for some reason.

7. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Pikmin games are loads of fun. Definitely an iconic Nintendo series to me. Besides that though, I would say the same as the others, and wait until there's something that really catches your eye.

8. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You all make good points. I'm aware of the lack of good games, but at the same time I only get to travel to the US once a year. Also, here in Argentina we have an anually inflation of 25%, the government has restringed the peso to dollar exchange and since then the depreciation of our currency has been escalating, so the odds of saving money by buying the console in the future is literally zero. Here they sell it for 660 dollars, and that's from the most generous seller.

9. Wii U is like what the Wii was; good for casual multiplayer games, but not really much else. I was astounded by how under-powered it is (tri-core @ 1.24? Really?). I love the Wii for one my family comes round, but I've tried to play it on my own sometimes but it's just no fun at all. Even the Zelda games, which I would have played, are just collecting dust because they force you to use the Wii motion thing, which is pretty bad.

10. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the Wii U. It's got a ton of amazing games coming out like the new Xeno title, Smash Bros 4, Wind Waker Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101 etc... as well as good 3rd party support. The Wii U is a lot more than casual multiplayer games. It has that and many more benefits and I reckon as time goes on it's library is going to get so much more impressive. I've already got a ton of games to buy for this. Even if many of them aren't out just yet, it's still a baby console. The same happens with every console, but I don't think I've been quite this excited so soon before.