1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just got a nexus 7!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GreenSkies, Mar 1, 2013.

1. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I just got a nexus 7 and I absolutely love it. (it's my first tablet) I was wondering if anyone else has one, and had any getting started tips, favorite apps, etc. that they might want to share.

2. Minx

*swipes tablet* Wat be dis hooman contrapzion?

Does it give cheezburgers? ^..^

3. theMaverick

I do not have a tablet but congrats! I plan on buying the new Nexus 5 phone when it comes out.

4. Ridiculous

I've got a Nexus 4 and it is the most gorgeous thing in existence, so if 5 does come to fruition I'd love to see how they can improve because I can't really think of anything I'm unhappy with. I suppose they could make the camera and battery life a little better, but that goes for anything with a camera and battery.

5. theMaverick

I'd buy the 4 now, but I'm kinda...unemployed. Plus if there is a 5, which rumor has it there will be, I'll be all over it.

6. Just ordered Nexus 4. There won't be a 5, no. That's not Google's style at all. They have their mobile, their tab, and their hybrid.

I also have a Surface tablet, which is fantastic (obviously). I had an iPad but ended up selling it, as it was a bit poo.

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

Ah, just checked out the Nexus 5 - essentially an upgraded Nexus 4 after the HTC One was released as a Nexus-killer. Although, really Nexus 4 still out-performs it with its incredibly well-optimised software. I do love Nexus 4, and I'd say it is probably the greatest phone you can get hold of at the moment, but not for long.

7. Naren

I have a Nexus 7. I love the thing. Like, LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it. Good choice man.

Edit: Were I not poor as crap now, I'd buy the Nexus 4.

#7 Naren, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  8. castle walls

I love how everyone is talking about the Nexus 4 on a thread for the Nexus 7 :lol:

Side note: I wouldn't buy the Nexus 4. I saw too many picture of them broken. One guy dropped his phone from 1.5 feet and the phone was pretty much destroyed. I know I can buy a case but I don't want to deal with a phone that fragile

Back on topic: I have a Nexus 7 and I love it. I recommend that you get the app Tablified Market. That app allows you to search apps and games that have been optimized for tablets.

Another app I recommend is MX Player. This app makes it possible to watch videos that are in a variety of formats.

Finally, I recommend Kingsoft Office. It is a free app that allows you to create and edit many Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and powerpoints.

9. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

That's a good recommendation! The bluetooth keyboard I ordered just arrived, so I definitely plan on using that.

10. Same with any phone though. I've seen iPhones destroyed from that height and I know people whose Nexus 4s really shouldn't still be alive. Also, my Nexus arrives tomorrow hfishdfuidgf