1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by darkprincess, Mar 8, 2013.

1. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was suprised that I couldn't find any thread about the upcoming Pokemon c and y versions.
    So:
    •What do you think about gen 6 so far?
    •what do you want implemented into it?
    •what do you want to return in it?
    •what do you think will be in it
    •what Pokemon evolvtion/pre evolvtion do you want added and so on...

I will start,
    •Gen 6 looks pretty, I have a tingly feeling that I didn't have in gen 5.
    •I want to be able to be able to battle a final 'boss' like red in silver, gold ect and prof oak in red and blue
    •I want bases like in Ruby, Sapphire, emerald and to have harder challenges like the first 3 gens
    •I think that customizable trainers will be added due to the mirror in the trailer
    •finally I would like pre evolutions/ evolutions of tropius and lapris as the were to of my favourite Pokemon.

I think it will also be interesting to see what the villainous teams name will be because of the professor oak gramps theory (in other words of it is a team starting with s than prof oak could be a villainous mastermind behind everything) I doubt this though

2. Ridiculous

There were some posts about gen6 at the end of the "Pokemanz" thread but I think we do need a separate one!

I would love having a fourth stage evolution. I don't think it's very likely, but it would be pretty cool instead of having them always limited to three.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

- Gen 6 is okay. I like the new Eevee pokemon, and Chespin. The legendaries are kinda neat looking.
    - Bring back the HG/SS option of having your pokemon follow you around. I seriously miss that. I wouldn't find a final boss either unlike E4.
    - I don't really know. I like new additions to games so I can't hold much of an opinion.
    - 3D addition, of course. Slightly different battle system.
    - Stunfisk. I'm not joking. Genesect, maybe Absol.

4. Tim

Tim

Just a small note:

Sableye is seen in the new poster for the new movie, and is with Ash, Iris, and Cilan, meaning one of them has one.

This, most people believe, means Sableye will most likely receive an evolution or pre-evolution in X and Y, as in past anime seasons prior to the new season release, they'd randomly obtain a pokemon that gained an evo in the coming games.

5. Luke Matt

I'm soooooo tempted to get back into the swing of Pokemon and buy the new DS + Pokemon games :3..

6. Ridiculous

I wonder what artificially hyped movie tie-in Pokemon will be this generation's expy of Lucario and Zoroark.

7. Tim

Tim

Funny you used the word artificial: In the next movie, Genesect is set to make an appearance.

He attacks Ash, Iris and Cilan, who are then saved by...

Skip to :54 if you want to see just that. It's the trailer. Though you can see who in the video pic. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[youtube]MeFEAA4JvaM[/youtube]

Mewtwo. Who Ash remembers, and tells Ash that like him, Genesect is not a pokemon that should exist. (as in, both were artificially created in a lab by humans)

Makes me wonder if Mewtwo has been following Ash around the entire time since Mewtwo Returns. As the fact he came out of no where to stop them from being killed seems suspicious.

I can't see a Bug/Steel type having issue beating a Psychic type though. >_>

It's a possibility Mewtwo will even be involved in X and Y. They don't tend to insert old legendaries into movies for no reason.

Posting here because all of this seems to relate to Pokemon X and Y in some way. It could be unrealted, but the way the videos and posters are being released is... different. I wonder if it means we'll have another artificially created pokemon in X and Y.

And just to consolidate the new pokemon, since the first post didn't, and I posted them in the other thread:

Chespin, the Grass Starter:

[​IMG]

Fennekin, the Fire Starter:

[​IMG]

Froakie, the Water Starter:

[​IMG]

Sylveon, new evolution for Eevee: (type unknown atm, speculated to be Normal, Flying, Dragon, or a new type by most people)

[​IMG]

Xerneas, the Legendary based on the letter "X":

[​IMG]

Yveltal, the legendary based on the letter "Y":

[​IMG]

Also, games will be released WORLDWIDE in October. A first for the Pokemon series. America will get them the same time as Japan, as do Canada, Europe, etc. Some countries may be delayed, we just know about North America and Europe, which The Pokemon Company tends to refer as worldwide. XD

In case it wasn't obvious, these are the English names.

Also, Ridiculous: Sylveon is the focus of the next short movie that airs with the new movie, we've known that since the reveal of it. Unless plans have changed, Sylveon is the new Lucario/Zoroark. I doubt they'll introduce another full movie with a generation 6 pokemon, with the release of the games only 7 months away. Seems like they're opting for showcasing a gen. 6 pokemon in the short film with Pikachu rather than a full movie.

#7 Tim, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  8. Ridiculous

Well that's good because I've always hated the way Lucario and Zoroark were presented. As long as they don't idol-ify Sylveon in the same way as they did for those two I'll be happy.

I've seen a lot of speculation about Mew/Mewtwo in this generation. The theory's common linking theme seems to be genetics, with X and Y as the titles, and Mew an Mewtwo being the genetic Pokemon. Mewtwo did get shafted in the gen1 games, as that's the only generation where the major legendary wasn't linked to the story. It would be nice to see it get redeemed in this generation.

9. Tim

Tim

The movie focuses on Pikachu and all the eeveelutions, not just Sylveon. :slight_smile:

10. Clowstar

i'm liking the designs more. the last gen's lineart was predominantly too soft and curvy for my tastes.
    i usually pick the water starter but fennekin is way too freaking cute. i'm kinda excited to see what its other element is (PLEASE NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING).

hmm...i don't really know. i haven't played past gen 3. i bought black (1) 2 years ago but my DS broke before i got to play it. i have a new DS now but all of my games are at home (100 miles away).
    oh, i do know: 1-step pokemon healing. so i don't have to talk to nurse joy for a minute, press the wrong button, and start all over with her.

epic boss battles.

•what do you think will be in it?
    the same that's in every pokemon game: plot, map, quests, gyms, battles, PvP options, etc.

•what Pokemon evolution/pre evolvtion do you want added and so on.
    again, i didn't play gen 5 so i'm not sure which pokemon carry over other than eevee since there's always an eevee.
    i'm actually really excited for slyveon. one of my clubs played a guessing game as to the type last week. it was down between flying and ghost. i'm pretty sure it's actually flying (which was my idea/argument because of the root "sylph" which could also be ghost, i guess). we analyzed the color scheme, style, and name. there was a youtube we were watching of a guy giving his prospects of the game. i think he may have confirmed it to be flying too.

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 03:17 AM ----------

and why is sylveon going to be treated like lucario? it's an eeveelution. there's like 7 others already the way it is. it's not that "special". i don't think they can do an eevee family movie until they have made an evolution for all of the types.

also: rumor has it that it's not called X and Y to represent chromosomes. like pretty much every other game, they're probably going to make a 3rd later on which would be Z. the X and Y represent the axes. the z-axis makes objects 3 dimensional (and this is the first pokemon game for the 3DS).

11. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

I am really looking forward for these games... Although most people seem to dislike it, I kind of like Froakie :slight_smile: I think I might choose that, if its evos are not way too ugly.

There have been really serious considerations that this generation will bring us a new type, people are thinking Fairy or Light type and that Sylveon will be of that type, that is why there is all this secrecy around it...

12. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the first time in a long while, I'm actually liking the design of the legendary Pokemon.
    I'm not really sold on the new Eevee evolution.
    I like the fact that we're making the move from sprites to 3D models.
    I thought it was neat that in the G/S remakes, we were allowed to have the lead Pokemon follow. I'd like to see that return.
    That, and I kind of miss Team Rocket. ._.
    •what do you think will be in it
    •what Pokemon evolvtion/pre evolvtion do you want added and so on...
    I would really love to have a Torkoal evolution. I'm a turtle/tortoise lover. =3
    Spinda could use one, even though it's pretty okay being a non-evolver.

My only problem is, I'm kind of starting to grow tired of the series. Up until Black and White, I would always get pretty hyped for the upcoming games, but not so much. I can't wait to play these, but I'm in no hurry for them to come out. Kind of makes me a bit sad. =\