1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New mouse?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VireBlaze, Mar 12, 2013.

1. VireBlaze

My current mouse has decided to go on the fritz, getting too frustrating to use because it registers a single click as multiple clicks. >_>

So I decided to look at getting a new mouse. Only thing is, I'm not sure what. >w<

I've been looking around online at many sites and different mice, but I'm not sure what to get. I was wondering if maybe anyone had any suggestions? :3

I kinda have my eye on four mice, already;

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 with BlueTrack Technology (Graphite)

Logitech Wireless Mouse M510

Logitech Anywhere Mouse Mx

Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Price isn't TOO much of an issue. Cheaper WOULD be nicer, but otherwise I'm alright with whatever. I'm thinking like, something medium-sized? I mean, it'd be nice to have a full one, but I would like something that's easy to take with me when I travel anywhere with my laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, experience, etc.? I may be being too picky, but I do want something that'll last me for a good long while for my money's worth. If you don't have anything to add, thanks for taking the time to read and consider, anyway! ^^

2. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

death adder 3500 razor mouse is great

3. VireBlaze

Oop, sorry - I should've put in I am looking for a wireless mouse, as the set-up I have right now is optimal - desk space is too small and cluttered for a wired mouse, unfortunately. Sorry about that. .w.;

But I do appreciate the input, and it IS a really nice looking mouse, so I'll bookmark and consider it. :3 Thank you for that.

4. Only go for Razer mice and the likes if you want to use it for gaming hotkeys. Most of it is just gimmick anyway - one of them has a screen on. Underneath. As in, the part that goes on the table. I.. what?

Anyway, I'd stick with Logitech. It's usually a bit more tacky than Microsoft but nicer to look at and less business-like. You just want to keep it simple really. Logitech M555b is nice, or M345. I see my mouse as quite a personal thing, as it goes everywhere with me and I use it constantly. That's why I prefer a pretty one without gimmicks that just works well.

5. VireBlaze

Yeah, not sure how much I'd use it in gaming. I have a few games on the PC I tend to play, but I pretty much use a controller for them.

And yeah, I tend to be more biased towards Logitech. It's just tricky trying to find a mouse that's both sizable enough while being mobile. The M555b does look VERY nice. Thanks for the suggestion. :3

And yeah - it being personal is kinda why I'm being so picky, cause it'd be nice to have that one mouse you feel comfortable with that you know can last you a long while.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you looking for an everyday use mouse, or a gaming mouse, or what?

For everyday use. I'd go with logitech. They're relatively cheap and they have a wide variety of colours and sizes to choose from. And the quality is pretty damn good. I still have my logitech M310 that I bought quite some time ago, and I abolutely love it to death.
    [​IMG]

That being said, MS products are really, really good. However, i find that if they're somewhat over priced unless you're going for their mice with special features. This of course depends on where you go shopping, it's just what I've found.

Microsoft and Logitech are pretty evenly matched for mice, if you ask me. If you're looking for something customizable with tons of variety, go with Logitech. If you're looking for something with a more professional tone but with a pretty decent variety, go with MS.

Regardless of everything I said, what only really matters is your preferred mouse type and what you're going to use it for. :thumbsup:

NOTE: If you are in fact, looking for a gaming mouse, then yeah, go for Razer. Although I don't think they have many wireless mice.

7. Stripe101

My mouse is a race car. The head lights light up and everything!
    :lol:That sounds so childish

8. Eric

I have the M510. It works well and suits me nicely. :slight_smile:

9. I got a really cheap Cerulian one (I think it may be Maplin's brand of cheap mice) for like £5 ($8-ish) and it's fantastic. It's ugly, bulky and cheap feeling but it does the job and it's wired (which I really wanted). It also has bluetrace which I've never used (just gives it an unusably high DPI - about 800 is good). So yeah, you don't need the best mouse in the world.

10. biggayguy

I'm pleased with my Logitech mouse! If it freezes up it's from a software compatibility problem or dead battery.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd had a continuing string of janky cheap-as-hell $7 mice. When the last one died, I did a bunch of research and ended up with the Logitech LZ30. It's a corded mouse (what I wanted and needed, 'cause I'm terrible about keeping batteries around) but I think they have a nearly identical one that's cordless.

It's hefty enough that it feels solid, is well designed ergonomically, and all of the buttons and scroll wheel are of great quality. I personally didn't find the Microsoft ones to feel as solid as the Logitech ones.

12. BlueLines

I love my G9x from Logitech, I have never had a problem with it. (I know its corded, but the mouse is still worth considering.)