1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone play Runescape?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by That1Guy, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wondering if anyone here plays Runescape. I started again after they released the old school servers. Let me know in PM or something and we can be friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Niko

Runescape still exists? o_o

I remember playing that back in elementary school.

3. Hiems

Haha, I used to play it with my friends during elementary school too! Neopets, Adventure Quest, and Runescape... good times. It was fun back then, but I doubt I can get back to playing it as hardcore as I used to. Even if I wanted to, I can't b/c I'm too busy with school.

4. Romi

I played Runescape when it was a baby. I actually logged back in randomly the other day and....that shit is cray. I felt like a super newb and so I moved on to anime instead. Lol.

But dude, we had clans and gangs before it was even a thing. And being the leader of my own clan...Muahahaha. It was badass. Now it's weird. No more RS for me.

5. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, me too. That's when I started. I quit a while ago but they released an older version of the game from back in 2007 so i'm addicted again

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

6. Niko

Wooooah. (!)
    Now you're going to get me hooked. :lol:

7. Igne

I tried to play on the 07 servers, and going from eoc runescape to that was.... horrifying. Screen being the old size was just abhorred D:
    But I'm so awesome on eoc runescape, got all melee stats 90+ and working my way to the lvl 99 capes

8. Ridiculous

Played one character on and off since 2001, although I haven't played since late 2009 or so. I can still remember the password and bank PIN though!

9. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not bad, I'm high level on the main game too (around 2.2k total), but that's on my old account which I made back in 2005.. haven't played that for a good 3+ years. I quit because I didn't like the direction the game was going in... logging in today I don't even recognize it anymore. Needless to say i'm pretty happy that they've released the old version of the game :eusa_danc

10. Igne

I don't think the general direction of the game has changed much, its still grind stats, get gear, kill monsters/pvp. If anything they've only made it better, sure it took them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to get rid of the bots, but they are not a big company like blizzard who can wave their hands and stuff gets done.

11. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess it really just comes down to the type of player you are. I could see how the average player would still enjoy the current game, but in my case I pretty much only played to PK.. And there were constantly updates over the span of a few years that consistently made PKing less and less enjoyable.. The EOC was pretty much just the nail in the coffin for many pkers.

That and I just disliked all of the constant "fix things that aren't broken" type updates that were constantly pushed out which seemed to just change things for no real reason. I guess I just preferred the old game in general, probably for nostalgic reasons, but to me they are two different games.. Sort of like RS classic and RS2. Sure the main idea of the game is the same, but they're really two completely different experiences.

#11 That1Guy, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  12. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The old RS is back? Nice!

I have really played it A LOT in elementary school, I wasn't a too high level for my playing hours (around 81 combat, from the top of my head), but I loved doing quests, minigames, all sorts of funny stuff. XD I had a too short attention span for hours of leveling, lol.
    But RS basically taught me English. Of course not perfect English, but when I started I knew NOTHING! The tutorial basically took me a DAY because I didn't know what people were saying, lol! I didn't even know easy words like "bread" "potato" or "bucket", aye, THOSE kind of words. And then I went from nothing to understanding, to writing slightly decent English in a few weeks. Of course it was childish and crappy, but it gave me a foundation to work with and improve more and more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Neopets, Adventure Quest, Runescape... sounds like my elementary school time, lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I used to have an account that I got 99 slayer, all combat stats 99 (including summoning and prayer), 99 firemaking, cooking, fishing, smelting, mining, magic, herblore, agility, farming and 120 dungeoneering, I got that all legit on my own... It took so long x.x then I started using bots on an alternative account to test if they worked, never got banned after using those for like 1-2 months. So I decided to use them on my main to get 99 runecrafting (because it was the ONE stat I couldn't humanly do on my own... It's just so boring and slow). So as you can imagine, I end up getting banned within a week from that.

Well... I guess I deserved that one. Pretty lame that everyone seems to get a second chance though, that was my first offence and not redeemable apparently.

... Then I got hooked to Warcraft 3 lol.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used to. I got to a fairly high level, but quit when the recent gameplay update came. The combat wasn't so good to begin with, but they made it far worse.

#14 Argentwing, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
  15. kingzap321

haha, i used to play also. im thinking ill look back into it but most of the stuff i had was members and so that costs money still =[

16. BudderMC

Formal reminder guys: do not post anything that could link to you offsite (that includes usernames!)

17. Rylan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Runescape! I'm maxed on my main account with the completionist cape.

Pm me for my username if you want it.

18. Igne

I hope thats over a span of a couple of years(the cape) cause that things requirements are over the top >_>

19. Rylan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah lol, I've been playing since 2002.

There are people who have the cape after playing under a year though...which kind of sad IMO. Their life though. Or maybe they bot. I personally never have, but I know people who do...

20. Igne

the ones with the comp cape that have been playing for under a year either: Botted, had an older account or family member/friend with obscene amounts of gold, or have a machine for a brain....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.