1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kenaz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

About to finish my current xBox350 game, "Hitman : Absolution" and was browsing the local market for some potential next games. Fary Cry 3 caught my eye. Any reviews?

Also open to any other suggestions. Sort of looking forward to GTA V as well, may just wait.

2. sheldoncooper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Farcry 3 is a sweet game, a lot better than its predecessors. Good free roam and beautiful scenery, the only drawback is the leveling is shallow. But I would definitely recommend it and would give it 4/5 stars. You definitely wont regret the game.

3. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, Sheldon! (That was fun to say, ha ha)

I like the free roam and scenery. My question for you concerns the leveling you mention. When you say shallow do you mean repetitive or just not really there, like not a focus like many games such as Borderlands, etc. The former I am not a fan of, however the latter I can deal with.

In general, does the game get old quick (things very repetitive) or does it stay pretty open and entertaining.

4. sheldoncooper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had no problem staying interested in farcry compared to other games I played recently (mass effect 3). I say the leveling is shallow just because the skills aren't super important to the gameplay. For example there is a skill to let you use certain firearms while on a zip line which is neat but not very crucial to the game. Despite the skills this is definitely worth playing and the excellent hunting and crafting system along with the above average storyline kept me more than entertained.

5. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The lack of necessity for skills or upgrades through 'leveling up' is actually a +1 for me! Thanks for the review.