1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Space or Mass Effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kyllani, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kyllani

As some of you may know, EA botched the SimCity launch. Therefore, they gave people a small list of games and told them to choose one. I've narrowed it down to Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3. I don't know much about either franchise. I'm really more of an MMO player, but I'm willing to give one of these games a try.

Which game would you guys recommend and why?

2. Exoskeleton

I recommend Dead Space 3, for one simple reason.

I absolutely LOVE the Mass Effect series. They are, hands down, the greatest games on the face of the earth (strong words, I know). But you won't get anything even close to the full experience of Mass Effect 3 without at least playing 2 first. Ideally, you'd play ME1 and ME2 before 3, making for a wonderfully amazing and continuous experience.

Without that, I think you'd spoil the experience for yourself. So, go Dead Space.

3. Jake Fang

Jake Fang Guest

Coming from a huge Mass Effect Fan, I choose Mass Effect but you'd need to play the 2nd and 1st (mostly 2nd) in order to understand. Then again, Dead Space is fun..but I'm sticking to Mass Effect ^.^

4. SpectreStatus

Agreed.
    You can usually get the 1st and 2nd on the cheap though.
    Definitely better playing the games as a whole else you won't enjoy it as much.

5. Eric

Bejeweled 3 is also an option, if you haven't considered it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I narrowed my choice down to Mass Effect, Dead Space, and Battlefield 3. I eliminated BF3 first, which left me with the same choice you're facing. In the end, I chose Mass Effect 3 because I'd played the 2 previous games, and I dislike the jump scares that would come with Dead Space (although the multiplayer intrigued me). I'd recommend Mass Effect, but only if you're interested in the franchise. If not, pick something else.

6. Kyllani

I already own it, or that probably would have been my choice.

I, too, eliminated BF3 first. I had seriously considered it, but I took the advice of a friend and decided against it.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing Mass Effect 1 & 2 first.

What is multiplayer like?

Also, what do you mean by "jump scares"?

#6 Kyllani, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  7. Exoskeleton

Jump scares. Things pop out of NOWHERE with the express intent of scaring you by way of face eating.

If you're going to get turn first two, then ME3 all the way.

8. SpectreStatus

Oh I remember when I played dead space 1 for the first time and I didn't know what to expect.
    I don't think I've jumped so much in my life.
    Don't play it in the dark, home alone. You'll be walking round your house positive you're going to get attacked round every corner. True story.

9. JuiceBox

Dead space hands down... XD

10. Tlarkul

While I have never played Dead Space, I can advise for certain against getting Mass Effect 3; at least not without playing Mass Effects 1 and 2 first.