1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPv6 Connectivity

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Romi, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Romi

Just trying to figure out what the heydiddle is going on with with the internet connection here at the house. It says I'm connected to the internet and the network, but then it doesn't allow me internet access. If and when it does, it's very sporadic and there's no telling how long it will last. I can enable and disable the connection and sometimes this will help, but nothing is a fix.

The diagnostics tests show it's a gateway problem. They've told me to disconnect, unplug, the router and try again. But it's a continuous problem. We've called out internet service provider and they'll be out Sunday to look it over, but anyone who knows me knows that my computer is my lifeline and Sunday is far away for an addict like me.

So I was wondering if anyone had any input at all, any suggestions, resolutions that I could try until then. I'm not exactly savvy in the ways of the workings of these things. Thanks in advance!

#1 Romi, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. RainbowMan

What does this have to do with IPv6? Are you attempting to use IPv6? The vast majority of the Internet these days is IPv4.

What operating system are you using?

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Could also very well be that your modem is dying or the ISP is having an issue somewhere.

4. Romi

Windows 8.

And this is why:

Attached Files:

• ipv6.png
      ipv6.png
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

That's normal. You won't be using ipv6. Could it be that you're dropping the wifi signal?

6. RainbowMan

Oh, that's fine - I think you'd be interested in the IPv4 connectivity than IPv6 - mine says the exact same thing and everything is fine.

I blanked out the SSID since it contains my name and my (former) apartment number :grin:

Attached Files:

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It looks to me like the problem is signal strength. You had one bar at the time. Are you far from the router?

8. Naren

That happened to me!
    It suddenly started doing this a few months back, when it got really bad we complained to the company, who then proceeded to dick us over and not help. The next day our internet pole got struck by lightning, and it blew out our service card thingy. The company replaced that, and it started working at top speed again. Crazy.