1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube & Privacy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, Apr 3, 2013.

1. theMaverick

So...I was wondering, can anyone else see my YouTube history or my favorites? How can I protect those things from prying eyes?

Side note, slightly unrelated, does anyone know of any awesome gay channels (not your own, of course) or videos that I should watch?

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:55 AM ----------

Also, when I watch something, does it show up on Google+ anywhere?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think anyone can see your history. I mean, I've subbed many people in the past and never saw their entire history. Only their favorited or liked or commented videos.

3. falsereading

falsereading Guest

No one can look at your watch history, you can even get rid of it by going into watch history and pressing 'Pause Viewing History'. If you go into Settings, Privacy you can also select 'Keep all my subscriptions private' and 'Keep all my likes private' which do what they say.

No I don't think it shows up on G+ but I have never really used it too much.

4. photoguy93

No one can see you research history.....however, I'm not sure about favorite videos/liked videos/comments.....does that make sense?

5. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one can see your watch history or your search history, you can change your favorite videos playlist from public to private by going to the playlist and clicking the edit playlist button.

Google+ doesn't say anything about any videos that you watch on YouTube, hope I helped. :slight_smile:

#5 Xeno, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. theMaverick

7. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Only you can see it. I have been threatened by people on Youtube saying they will get my IP and all that. I wouldn't worry. If you are really worried about your history then just delete it.

8. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You change your preferences so that people can't see things or so that people can see things.
    As for Gay channels;
    AreillasHamming, GayGod, Shep689, there are others, but I can't think of any now...

#8 Phoenix92, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013