1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legend Of Zelda

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Apr 13, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

Just wondering if anyone likes the classic Legend Of Zelda franchise, by Nintendo. It's been a huge part of my childhood and growing up.

I've played:

Ocarina of time (N64)
    A link to the past (SNES)
    Twilight princess (Wii)
    Skyward sword (Wii)
    Phantom hourglass (DS)
    Spirit tracks (DS)

I haven't played ocarina of time for about ten years, my dad sold the game :icon_sad:
    A link to the past is so difficult to complete :bang:
    My favourite has got to be Twilight Princess, I loved the dark storyline and it was just amazing.
    Skyward sword was beautiful, and interactive, pushing the boundaries of the norm.

For those who have played Legend Of Zelda, what's your opinions/favourite games?

(*hug*)

2. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Maybe this sounds crazy but I am a huge fan of Oracle of Ages + Seasons! I loved how I was able to link the games and get bonuses based on what I did in the previous. Not to mention the extra boss fights in the linked game to a couple of old foes :wink:

Of course, I was particularly awful at the Goron dancing game that was in both games if I recall correctly....made me hate life.

3. Stoical

Ah, memories. I'm old enough to have owned the original Zelda for NES. :lol:

Of the ones I've played (which is most of them up to Phantom Hourglass, I think), Ocarina of Time is my favorite. That game is just plain awesome!

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You should play the original Legend of Zelda. If it's too hard, you can kinda cheat like I did by playing it on an emulator and creating lots of save states, that's the only way I got to beat it, haha.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is just kinda weird so I never finished it. The CDi fake "Zelda" games are beyond weird.

Also, the Wind Waker is beautiful, like Twilight Princess.

But I love everything Zelda! Coincidentally I'm going on a date today with a video game lover so we're going to Nintendo World, looking forward to lots of Zelda and Pokemon things!

5. lawRAWR

The next Legend of Zelda game I want to play is Majora's mask, from what I have seen and heard, it is a very creepy/ dark game. Not to mention the Majora's Mask "Ben Drowned" CreepyPasta... :icon_redf

6. FlameKing58

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A link to the past, personally, was the best game in the series, because it was the first game with the master sword, and not to mention the light and dark world, and that mirror that took link to the dark world and turned him into a rabbit:roflmao: :icon_bigg

7. lawRAWR

Yeah, the rabbit part freaked me out a lot when I was younger :eek:

8. Stoical

The story of Majora's Mask is dark, but I wouldn't really call it creepy. If you survived Twilight Princess, you'll be fine playing Majora's Mask. :wink:

9. lawRAWR

I'll go for it then :wink: But... but what about the freaking MAHUSIVE creepy moon, and the countdown on the last day of the WORLD?! :lol:

10. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I absolutely loved Majora's Mask. I wish I still had an N64. :C

I've played most of the LoZ games, minus the first two on NES, Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. OoT, TP, and MM are my favourites.

11. Hefiel

Majora's Mask was my favorite of the serie. Ocarina Of Time was great, and so was Oracle Of Seasons on the Gameboy Color (didn't really like Oracle Of Ages).

I had rented Wind Walker in the past, but never got to finish it. It was a decent game from what I had played.

12. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh gawd I love the Zelda franchise! X3 *fangasms*

Here has what I've played, put in chronological order to my liking of it. *takes a deep breath*

1.) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - Downright favorite Zelda of all time. I loved the light and dark work concept and how deep the game was. It did everything right for an action RPG. Even though the GBA version has a mini 4-swords game and the added dungeon I still prefer the SNES one. Why? Link doesn't let out that ear-piercing screech every time he swings his sword. It made that version of the game damn near unplayable to me.

2.) The Legend of Zelda (NES) - The classic still holds a close place to my heart. I was only 6 when I beat it. :3

3.) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (both original and DX versions) (GB) - This was one of the main reasons why I held onto my old green screen Gameboy. Almost rivals Link to the Past in depth.

4.) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBA) - A really underrated gem. The 4 seasons changing the terrain made each area a blast to explore. I also loved how I could swap info between it and Ages. Biggoron Sword FTW! :badgrin:

5.) BS Zelda no Densetsu (both maps 1 and 2) (SNES) - Felt like a combination of the first NES Zelda with Link to the Past. I loved how these games retained that classic NES feel while offering something fresh. Really wish more people could have played these games.

6.) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) - After Windwaker I was bummed out, but then I gave Twilight Princess a try and really liked the story. It did the 3D thing much better than my previous experiences in the series.

7.) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBA) - The time jumping felt like a watered down Link to the Past. It was ok by Zelda standards, but Seasons was the far superior game to me.

8.) The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - A really good game that was held back by having too small of a world map and waaaaay too many kinstones to collect.

9.) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC) - A fun multiplayer romp, but it didn't really offer a full zelda experience.

10.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this game. I know, I know. I speak sacrilege. Go ahead and pelt me with Octorok rocks and Deku seeds, I deserve it. Growing up on so many wonderful 2D Zeldas made the 3D aspects feel frustrating to me at the time. The story was really good, but I just couldn't get into it nearly as much as everyone else.

11.) Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - Ugh, the black sheep of the series. It's an ok RPG, but good gawd is it way too difficult to beat. That end dungeon gave me days of frustration.

12.) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC) - Downright hated it. I found the sailing to be horribly tedious and very un-Zeldaish. I lost track of how many times I fell asleep in bordem playing this. I disliked it so much that I skipped most of its spiritual successors.

13.) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - This game gave me nothing but frustration. I downright hated the day and puzzle system. It's the only Zelda I own that I can not bring myself to finish.

I even grew up watching the cheesy 1989 cartoon. "Well exccuuuuuse me princess!". God I'm a dork. :grin:

#12 Sinopaa, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  13. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    OhMyGod! I love the Zelda series! I made a thread about it last month I think.

I played every single game from the N64 games except Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess. I haven't finished Majora's Mask because, well, it was so sad and freaky. I haven't finished Wind Waker as well...

I can't wait for the new game to come out!

:grin:

14. davmnd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup. Zelda series is awesome. Everytime Nintendo launches a console I'm like "Meh. I don't need it". Then they anounce a Zelda game and I'm like "RUN YOU FOOLS".

My first console was a GameCube and with it a Zelda: Collectors Edition came, and it included:
    - The Legend of Zelda (NES)
    - The Legend of Zelda 2 (NES)
    - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

I played all of them, even though I only completed both the N64 ones. The adventure of Link is so hard I get a little bit frustrated, and the original... I'm on my way through it now :grin:

After that I got The Wind Waker. Greatest game ever (or close to that). Then I got the Wii with both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. And on hanhelds, I played The Minish Cup on the GBA and both Zelda games for DS. I'm now going through Oracle of Ages-Seasons on my phone using an emulator and I'm planing to go with A link to the past soon. So yeah, I love the series :grin:

15. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    That's the reason I stopped! :lol:

16. Hefiel

I think that's what gave Majora's Mask it's charm. Unlike most other Zelda games, Majora's Mask as a large focus on side-stories (where you acquire the vast majority of your masks), and you get to observe how all these NPCs cope with the pending doom as the Moon grows near.

It's a really great story. Definitively dark, but beautiful nonetheless.

17. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Majora's mask was incredibly frustrating to me, the limited time to complete dungeon and quests always made me feel rushed, even though I'd use a secret song to slow own time.

I think the worst was the Couples Mask, the quest chain was long, had specific times for each step of the chain, and the final part is on the last night and you control another character entirely!

I was always a Zora though when I could, coolest race ever.

18. funnylion

funnylion Guest

I have a soft spot for The Wind Waker because that was my very first Zelda game. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Spirit Tracks for the DS and that has to be my favourite handheld Zelda game. Ocarina of Time is great, too. Especially the 3D remake for the 3DS!

19. FranklinK

I grew up with Zelda. I love all of it. I wasn't a fan of Wind Waker though ):

20. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I too, grew up with the LoZ series, but I LOVED Wind Waker. By far my favorite in the series! I've played all the main games, minus a few of the game boy advanced ones.
    Yes, this is more like it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#20 Acobi, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013