1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyrim- now with more grinding!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Juggalo, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Juggalo

So, I know I can't be the only one who has played, or is still playing this. So? How do you go about playing the game? Got any funny stories?

Last week I was running after some wild rabbit, because I do weird things. All of a sudden, my character is swimming in a powerful current, but there isn't any water anywhere. Turns out the water graphics didn't load. I fell off a waterfall and died. Good times.

2. I try to roleplay as much as I can but Skyrim doesn't allow it as much as oblivion did. Oblivion is still my favourite game of the series although Skyrim is an excellent game! I haven't toyed with the legendary difficulty setting just yet but I might have to do so soon.

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a pretty funny story. I was riding on my horse to a quest destination when I found a giants camp. So I got off my horse from what I thought was a safe distance and ran up to engage said giant. While fighting I could hear my horse running up neighing from behind. I turned the camera right to witness the giant swatting my full sprinted horse straight into the air! The horse let out a death sound while rocketing out of view. I almost fell out of my chair laughing! :roflmao:

4. Ridiculous

The thread title makes me think you are talking about The Elder Scrolls Online? I know some people are in the closed beta.

5. sillyolme

I just find it funny how I had a Pinkie Pie helmet on while doing a dark brotherhood quest, someone said "Are you part of the Dark Brotherhood? You look like it"

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I got some of the DLC for it recently so I've started a new playthrough as well. Haven't seen any glitches as amazing as that so far though I have had a few funny kill cams including an arrow which impaled a bandit up the nose =D

7. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Obsessively collecting and organizing every possible item in the game. It hurts me to leave anything behind, and I will sometimes put the game down for awhile out of fury for having to make so many trips into every dungeon. But I still feel the need to do it....

If I don't collect all the linen cloth then what purpose will it serve?

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to roleplay a lot and loot every. single. thing. I kill. Once I got away with murdering Maven Black-Briar and on the killcam I beheaded her. Pretty epic. I still have no clue how I didn't get a bounty for it either, but I'll take it.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Sounds alot like me. I got a good laugh or 3 out of This video cause of how well I could relate :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Oh mercy, I might well have woken the dead the dead with how hard I laughed!

The worst.was Morrowind, which was king of junk items and had a more robust if complicated enchanting system that meant you were picking up many magical knick knacks.

I can't sell this enchanted ring of +1% fire resist....what if I need it to reach 100% resistance?! A sword I cast to cure poison....well obviously to conserve mana! Enchanted pants to help me find keys? I'LL KEEP THEM FOREVER!

My problem was, at least in Morrowind, containers had weight limits. You'd be surprised how heavy the clothes of a couple hundred dead people actually weigh. Ended up creating a house mod for myself that was more a massive junk vault.

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

When I get into the game its like I'm in a trance, I won't budge, even when my legs go cold which is pretty annoying, but then again its my fault.

But I like collecting gems, so.. purrrtyyy, thats all I collect really.

The only funny moment was when I first encountered a giant, at first there was a problem, because they couldn't kill me since I run everywhere, but when they did killed me.. I was like W..T...F!

Also when I'm not doing any quest I like going on a rampage and kill everything in sight, but end up dying since the guards are too strong in numbers.

12. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The funniest thing that ever happened to me was when I dismounted a stolen horse near a pillar, it began walking as soon as I dismounted and got shot straight up the pillar. I almost died laughing when i heard it land.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

HAha! Yeah that happened to me before, now I remember, it started galloping away then it flew up in the sky, I was like WHHHAAA! then it dropped down in the river.

14. Never really had a glitch in Skyrim. I've always used official and third party patches and modded it to my heart's consent and it doesn't bug at all with 300+ hours played. I actually don't see what all the fuss is about.

Also, I've never had to grind in Skyrim either! Dunno what you mean by that.

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2013 at 06:57 PM ----------

On second thought, on the PS3 version, my character detached from the character viewpoint and started floating around in front of the camera. I could look left and right, slinging a floating ragdoll version of myself into the walls. When I went into first person view, it worked fine, but I could hear myself slamming into the walls still. That was quite amusing.

I only played the PS3 version for an hour or so though. It really isn't the same game.

15. sillyolme

Although, for a long time, I did have a glitch where I just wouldnt die. I would just pant like an immortal NPC and would sometimes come back to life without having to use potions.. And this was without cheating... was kinda annoying